How do I make "clean versions" of the English source word-document using TagEditor?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 7, 2010

How should I send the "clean versions" of the file using TagEditor?

We have 5 Chinese translators that work independently of each other for us. They have used MS Word to do the translations, from English into simplified Chinese.

After they have finished their translations, a professional user of Trados has aligned the translations, using WinAlign.

Yesterday, I sent the finished TM for Batch 1 and Batch 2 to our customer. And received below reply:

Dear Fredrik,

could you send me the "clean" versions of the files

So I consulted with the professional Trados user that works freelance for us. He said this:

Using TagEditor, you can "re-translate" the original English texts(no Chinese character) with the existing TMs while a final proofreading is required. In this way, Word-files (monolingual in Chinese) will be created with Tageditor.

I did this:

I opened TW and the TM
Then, I opened TagEditor and the English source document
Then, I opened a segment (but it was opened in the middle of the document for some reason, not in the beginning), and choose Translate to Fuzzy

I get the green field and the yellow field. But from here, I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I check each TU in each segment that gets displayed? How do I change it? In some cases, some part of the English source text was in the white area. How do I move this to yellow or green field?

The segments units that get displayed, are those the ones that are not 100 % match? Should I change these, and after each change "set close next open get"? Or how do I go on to the next segment in TagEditor when I do the Translate to Fuzzy?

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Send the Word-files Jan 7, 2010

The clean files are the Chinese translations. Because the translators did not use CAT, there is no cleaning of intermediate files.
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make "clean versions" of the English source word-document using TagEditor?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search