Forgot to return license for SDL 2007
Thread poster: ralphs
Jan 7, 2010

Hi,

yes, I know, this was discussed several times. But I only find older articles and since then it looks like SDL did change their service policy. I do not find a single way to contact them regarding this issue.

I know that this was my fault (although it more was a technical problem with reinstallation of Windows 7 from RC2 to final version) - but regardless of how it happened this is the situation:

- I have the "old " HDD still in my PC, but when I run the license manager from the former installation with the new O/S it does not find any licenses. Question: Is there a way to still return the license to reinstall it afterwards?

- Is there a SDL support address where I can ask this question or ask to reset my license counter.

I'm using Trados for around 20 years now - and do not want to change!!! But I can't afford this inactivity time.

Many thanks

Ralph

Direct link Reply with quote

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:41
English to Italian
Licensing Jan 7, 2010

Dear Ralph,

I work for SDL Trados.

There are different ways to get in touch with us.

You can visit the Installation and Licensing section of the website
http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/solution-finder.asp
where you can enter a case regarding your license.

Alternatively - during UK office hours - you could chat with us. If you visit this page
http://www.translationzone.com/en/contact/
there is on the left hand site a Live Chat button which allows you to interact with us.

I have also emailed you directly.

Regards
Massi

hadamkov  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:41
English to Czech
+ ...
try this one Jan 7, 2010

Hello Ralph,

I had similar "problem" caused by my own fault... It happens.
If you wish, try this e-mail address customersupport@sdl.com. Last time I got into a problem, they were the only people who were willing to help.
Good luck and best regards,
Hana

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use the Solution Finder Jan 7, 2010

Hi Ralph,

Use the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then go the the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- My software runs in demo mode only, or Activation/Licensing does not work.
- - Activation Code
- - - I cannot return my activation code.
- - - - I get an error message when I click on Return License.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
This address is incorrect Jan 7, 2010

hadamkov wrote:

Hello Ralph,

I had similar "problem" caused by my own fault... It happens.
If you wish, try this e-mail address customersupport@sdl.com. Last time I got into a problem, they were the only people who were willing to help.
Good luck and best regards,
Hana

Hi all,

This is not the correct address for Support at SDL. If you have a support contract then you will know how to contact support, otherwise please use the Solution Finder. If you don't do this then your e-mail will be lost somewhere in the ether and you will be annoyed because we don't respond etc etc...

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forgot to return license for SDL 2007

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search