Translation memory too large for demo mode
Thread poster: vantage

vantage
Argentina
Local time: 00:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 7, 2010

I have been working with Trados 2006, I never had a problem with the license but today when I tried to open a TM that sent by the agency I couldn´t, this message appears:

Translation memory too large for demo mode. Install a valid license file or connect a dongle to the parallel or USB port

I would really appreciate if you can provide some help regarding this issue.

Thanks

Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:52
Member (2006)
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

sugestion Jan 9, 2010

Hello,

It seems that there's something wrong with your license. Have you tried to re-instal Trados on your computer or to repair the existing instalation? It's the easiest way to repair such errors.

I hope it would helpicon_smile.gif

Best regars,
M.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some unanswered questions Jan 9, 2010

Carolina Honecker wrote:
I have been working with Trados 2006, I never had a problem with the license but today when I tried to open a TM that sent by the agency I couldn´t, this message appears:

Translation memory too large for demo mode. Install a valid license file or connect a dongle to the parallel or USB port.

1. Did you buy Trados 2006?
2. Have you previously opened large or very large TMs in Trados 2006 successfully?

3. Or... are you asking us how you can use the TM even though you fully realise that you're unable to use it in Trados because of the demo mode limitation?

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Translation memory too large for demo mode Jan 9, 2010

Carolina Honecker wrote:

Translation memory too large for demo mode. Install a valid license file or connect a dongle to the parallel or USB port

I would really appreciate if you can provide some help regarding this issue.

Thanks

To loose the license file connection is something that happens with certain frequency using Trados. Usually, it can be solved reinstalling the application from scratch and indicating where it can find the file license.lic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory too large for demo mode

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search