https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154817-compile_error_in_hidden_module%3A_autoexec.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:35
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Jan 8, 2010

I am using XP Pro SP 3 and Office 2007 SP2. I have just deinstalled Multiterm 7, and have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 8.

When I start Word, I am getting a message (in Bulgarian) saying that "the macros cannot be found or has been deactivated for securtiy reasons". Following advice given to other askers, I have recopied MultiTerm8.dotm, TRADOS8.dot and TRADOS8.dotm files to C:\Documents and Settings\Usr\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP and have deleted Norma
... See more
I am using XP Pro SP 3 and Office 2007 SP2. I have just deinstalled Multiterm 7, and have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 8.

When I start Word, I am getting a message (in Bulgarian) saying that "the macros cannot be found or has been deactivated for securtiy reasons". Following advice given to other askers, I have recopied MultiTerm8.dotm, TRADOS8.dot and TRADOS8.dotm files to C:\Documents and Settings\Usr\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP and have deleted Normal.dot from its respective location.

Also: I have allowed all macros from within Word.

However, the mistake persists and when I try to open the SDL Multiterm tab from within Word 2007, a small window opens and the message reads:

Microsoft Visual Basic

OK Help

When I press the Help button, here is the Explanation:

Compile error in hidden module:
A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause and solution:

There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it can't be displayed because the project is protected.
Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1(in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

From that point on Word becomes unusable because said window reopens automatically and therefore cannot be closed.

It is a disappointment that a brand new installation of STudio 2009 on a brand new Windows installation shall start with an annoying error.

I hope someone can help.

Additional clarification: This might be important - I do not have a dirctory called C:\Documents and Settings\Usr\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. Instead it is called C:\Documents and Settings\Usr\Application Data\Microsoft\Шаблони (since my Office 2007 is in Bulgarian). Could that be messing things up?

Update: It seems that both Muoltiterm and Trados do not function under Word now that Studio 2010 has been installed. So Studio 2009 SP1 is still a bug-ridden product and one loses functionality after installing it. My question has been posted here for a day and not a single answer from SDL yet - the reason can be only this - they have no idea how to fix it.

[Edited at 2010-01-09 09:53 GMT]
Collapse

gkeller (X)
gkeller (X)
United States
Local time: 18:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem Jan 11, 2010

I have Vista, Office 2007 and Trados Freelance Suite 2007 (which was actually working), until the upgrade. I have had the exact same problem you describe plus and I've tried everything I could think of, plus every suggestion on the sdl, translationzone, proz and translatorscafe sites, among others.

I ended up deleting MultiTerm8.dotm and TRADOS8.dotm from the STARTUP folder just to get Word to open without that hassle while I figure out what the problem is. I don't think it makes a
... See more
I have Vista, Office 2007 and Trados Freelance Suite 2007 (which was actually working), until the upgrade. I have had the exact same problem you describe plus and I've tried everything I could think of, plus every suggestion on the sdl, translationzone, proz and translatorscafe sites, among others.

I ended up deleting MultiTerm8.dotm and TRADOS8.dotm from the STARTUP folder just to get Word to open without that hassle while I figure out what the problem is. I don't think it makes a difference where the file is, the issue is not your computer or your file path, but with the SDL software. You would think that they'd have figured out a way to make upgrades painless by now.

Multiterm8.dotm completely freezes everything, but I found that if I hit escape enought times TRADOS8.dotm would work.... until I tried cleaning up the file. I translated a small document in Word to see what would happen because neither Workbench nor TagEditor would open up in Suite 2009, nor could I create or open TMs. It appeared to work fine in Word until I tried to clean the file and then it simply woudn't do anything.

Why couldn't they just offer a clean install all in one package instead of having to download Suite 2007 just to upgrade? Anyway, like you, I hope someone out there can help with this issue
Collapse

gkeller (X)
gkeller (X)
United States
Local time: 18:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
I forgot Jan 11, 2010

I forgot to mention there is a similar issue on this link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/153370-multiterm_2009_integration_with_word_2007_error_with_autoexec_module.html

The only thing I haven't done yet is try a clean install. I've uninstalled all Trados software from my
... See more
I forgot to mention there is a similar issue on this link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/153370-multiterm_2009_integration_with_word_2007_error_with_autoexec_module.html

The only thing I haven't done yet is try a clean install. I've uninstalled all Trados software from my laptop and completely cleaned it of anything and everything Trados related (you know when you uninstall, not everything is removed). Then I'm going to try to re-install Suite 2009 from scratch. I'll let you know if it works.

[Edited at 2010-01-11 00:24 GMT]
Collapse

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Finally: the solution Jan 11, 2010

Dear vivayoyis,

thank you for your time.

In the end I have been able to find a solution to said problem:

Look at talisma.sdl.com for article 3016 (You can thank Jerzy Czopik for providing the solution).

There is a file to download and install and in my case this solved the problem.

However, the question remains: if SDL are aware of the defect, why do they distribute the fix as a separate patch, well hidden among the other articles
... See more
Dear vivayoyis,

thank you for your time.

In the end I have been able to find a solution to said problem:

Look at talisma.sdl.com for article 3016 (You can thank Jerzy Czopik for providing the solution).

There is a file to download and install and in my case this solved the problem.

However, the question remains: if SDL are aware of the defect, why do they distribute the fix as a separate patch, well hidden among the other articles on talsima - why not fix their installation package in the first place?

This "minor" glitch has caused me a lot of trouble and wasted a great deal of time.

[Edited at 2010-01-25 11:49 GMT]
Collapse

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:35
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Pavel Apr 23, 2010

I had this problem and was getting very annoyed, but the solution that you proposed appears to have worked.

Mark

[Edited at 2010-04-23 07:11 GMT]

Flore Bargain
Flore Bargain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Thanks Pavel Aug 1, 2010

I had the same problem !!! Thanks a lot for your message, it helped me so much !
I really wished they had fixed the problem before I wasted many hours looking for a solution they were aware of !

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
You are welcome! Aug 1, 2010

Agnese Kalnina
Agnese Kalnina
Latvia
English to Latvian
The same problem with SDL studio SP3 Oct 12, 2010

I have the same problem with SDL 3rd SevicePack. I wonder -- does the repair file for SP2 works for SP3 as well?

Matthijs Frankena
Matthijs Frankena  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Solution for Studio SP3 Jan 18, 2011

For anyone wondering whether there is a solution for SP3: see talisma.sdl.com, article #3420 (title: "Resolving Server connection errors after installing SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3 (+Cumulative Update 8/9)")

There are separate solutions for the various Service Packs - you'd better take the warning serious not to install a repair pack for a different SP than you have.

Ius Translation
Ius Translation
United States
Local time: 19:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same issue with Vista Home + Office (Word) 2010 + SDL Freelance Suite 2007 Mar 25, 2011

Hi,

I still don't know if in my case (Vista + Office 2010 and SDL 2007) I have to run the zip.3016 or zip.3147 (!)

H E L P ! ! !

Kindest regards to all,

Romina

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
A little more detail on the problem please? Mar 25, 2011

Hi Romina,

I think you need to be a little careful here as this thread is quite old now and the article solution you have referred to is for MultiTerm SP1.

Can you explain what versions of the software you are using, MultiTerm in particular, and what the exact problem is you are experiencing? In particular if you did something, and afterwards this problem appeared.

In the meantime, if you search the Knowledgebase for the exact error message at the top of t
... See more
Hi Romina,

I think you need to be a little careful here as this thread is quite old now and the article solution you have referred to is for MultiTerm SP1.

Can you explain what versions of the software you are using, MultiTerm in particular, and what the exact problem is you are experiencing? In particular if you did something, and afterwards this problem appeared.

In the meantime, if you search the Knowledgebase for the exact error message at the top of this thread you will find this article, and perhaps this is what you need to review?

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1858&p=1

If it is the server error messages and not the one at the top then there are different repair tools depending on the version of MultiTerm you are using. You can find them quite easily if you use the solution finder like this;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download and Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
- - I have just installed (an update of) SDL MultiTerm 2009, and now I see several issues with my SDL software.

From this point you have options for the following:

- - - I have installed SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4.
- - - I have installed (an update of) SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP1.
- - - I have installed (an update of) SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP2.
- - - I have installed (an update of) SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3.

Each of these will give you an article with the repair tool relevant to the version of MultiTerm you installed. If that still doesn't help, then you are presented with a webfor where you can raise a support case and you will be contacted shortly... although it will be Monday at the earliest now.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Ius Translation
Ius Translation
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
MultiTerm7 Mar 25, 2011

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have SDLTrados2007freelance (MultiTerm 2007).
Vista Home Edition 32bit.

Office 2002 and after installing Office 2010 today, I got this error messages when opening a Word doc: "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or achitecture of this application"

And when closing the s
... See more
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have SDLTrados2007freelance (MultiTerm 2007).
Vista Home Edition 32bit.

Office 2002 and after installing Office 2010 today, I got this error messages when opening a Word doc: "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or achitecture of this application"

And when closing the same document, the following error displays: "Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"

What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! What if I just delete the "Normal.dotm" file?

Thanks again,

Romina
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Compatibility issue Mar 26, 2011

Hello Romina,
I'm afraid Trados 2007 and earlier is not supported to run under Office 2010. As Jerzy pointed out earlier in this Forum, you will find users here who managed to run Trados under Office 2010, but it's quite risky.

You should use Word 2003 or 2007 to stay away from troubles...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados 2007 Suite Mar 26, 2011

Ius Translation wrote:

And when closing the same document, the following error displays: "Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"

What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! What if I just delete the "Normal.dotm" file?

Thanks again,

Romina

Hello Romina,

You can try to follow the advice in this article:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3359&p=1

I do know many users successfuly working with Office 2010 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite. It may be that an upgrade to the latest version of 2007 Suite could help, and you will get this as part of SDL Trados 2009 which of course doesn't need the word toolbar at all.

Regards

Paul

Ius Translation
Ius Translation
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
upgrade to SDL Trados 2009 Starter Mar 26, 2011

Thank you Stanislav.

Paul,

Thanks again, but if I upgrade to SDL Trados 2009 Starter, I'll also have to upgrade my OS, since windows Vista Home Basic is not supported by it, right? I'll need at least to upgrade to a Vista Home Premium...

Thanks to all for your responses!

Romy

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »