trados 2007 multiterm 2009 compatible?
Thread poster: karamiki

karamiki
Local time: 10:10
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

Hi everyone,
I had a freelance trados 2007 then upgraded to pro studio 2009 which includes multiterm 2009. I think I will have to upgrade the license to pro. For some period I have to use workbench based word system not the studio as I have yet no knowledge, can I use multiterm 2009 with trados 2007 workbench then?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Luisa Fiorini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Compatible Jan 8, 2010

Hi karamiki,

yes they are compatible. I run trados 2007 suite and multiterm 2009 and never had problems up to now. HTHicon_smile.gif

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
MT2009 is compatible with Trados 8.3.0.863 Jan 8, 2010

So if you bought Studio, you also have got the SDL Trados 2007 Suite, which is exactly the build mentioned above (8.3.0.863). This build is compatible with Multiterm 2009.
You may also wish to read the article 3016 on http://talisma.sdl.com

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
what is this? :( Jan 8, 2010

I just gave a go to MT 2009 (as 2007 installation failed on my 64bit OS).

And now I see a lot of errors when I try to launch MT2009 (it doesn't start). However none of these symptoms are mentioned in the Talisma entry Jerzy referred to
( http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.356033742427826 ).

Am I supposed to try the 863 Trados patch (that caused me some trouble last time) anyway?

List of errors details (I replaced with () so it is visible):

First error:

- (SDLErrorDetails time="8.1.2010 16:11:28")
(ErrorMessage)Un unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services.(/ErrorMessage)
- (Exception)
(Type)System.BadImageFormatException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089(/Type)
(FileName)Sdl.Core.Licensing, Version=1.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888(/FileName)
(FusionLog)WRN: Protokolování vazeb sestavení je VYPNUTO. Chcete-li povolit protokolování chyb vazeb sestavení, nastavte hodnotu registru [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) na hodnotu 1. Poznámka: Protokolování chyb vazeb sestavení ovlivňuje výkon systému. Chcete-li tuto funkci vypnout, odeberte z registru hodnotu [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].(/FusionLog)
(HelpLink /)
(Source)Sdl.Desktop.Platform(/Source)
- (StackTrace)
- (![CDATA[ v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.LicensingService..ctor()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.GlobalServiceContext.RegisterStandardServices()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.GlobalServices.get_Context()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.RegisterGlobalPluginServices()
]])
(/StackTrace)
(/Exception)
(/SDLErrorDetails)

Second error:

- (SDLErrorDetails time="8.1.2010 16:11:37")
(ErrorMessage)The requested service is not available: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.IJobService.(/ErrorMessage)
- (Exception)
(Type)Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.ServiceNotAvailableException, Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888(/Type)
(HelpLink /)
- (StackTrace)
- (![CDATA[ v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.ServiceContext.GetService[T]()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.StudioWindow..ctor()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.CreateWindowInternal(Boolean setActive)
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.Run(IProduct product)
v Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Application.Program.Main(String[] args)
]])
(/StackTrace)
(/Exception)
(/SDLErrorDetails)

Third error:

- (SDLErrorDetails time="8.1.2010 16:11:42")
(ErrorMessage)The requested service is not available: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.IJobService.(/ErrorMessage)
- (Exception)
(Type)Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.ServiceNotAvailableException, Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888(/Type)
(HelpLink /)
- (StackTrace)
- (![CDATA[ v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.ServiceContext.GetService[T]()
v Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.CreateWindowInternal(Boolean setActive)
]])
(/StackTrace)
(/Exception)
(/SDLErrorDetails)

Fourth error:

- (SDLErrorDetails time="8.1.2010 16:11:49")
- (Exception)
(HelpLink /)
- (StackTrace)
]])
(/StackTrace)
(/Exception)
(/SDLErrorDetails)

Final (Windows) error:

Popis (= description):
Stopped working

Podpis problému (= problem description):
Název události problému: CLR20r3
Podpis problému 01: multiterm.exe
Podpis problému 02: 8.0.490.0
Podpis problému 03: 4a1f53c5
Podpis problému 04: Sdl.Desktop.Platform
Podpis problému 05: 1.0.0.0
Podpis problému 06: 4a1f5390
Podpis problému 07: c02
Podpis problému 08: 53
Podpis problému 09: M0XFUK4TXIVRL0BRSQ132222YQPD55B2
Verze operačního systému: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
ID národního prostředí: 1029

What is going on here? What is the reason of the problems?

[Edited at 2010-01-08 15:27 GMT]

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
hm, strange... Jan 8, 2010

I noticed I had older version of MT 2009.

I installed MT 2009 SP1 now and was able to launch it, so at the moment I have no trouble with this - but have to check some functions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados 2007 multiterm 2009 compatible?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search