Cannot import demo package into complete Trados 2009 version
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy
Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

Dear colleagues

I work on two different computers, one of which has Trados 2009 professional version installed, and the other one works with the same 2009 version, but demo.
I created a package in the demo version, and now need to correct the files on the complete version. The problem comes on the import process: I can have access to the contents of the package at the reviewing stage of it, but when I arrive at "Finish", the software generates a "You cannot import the project because you created the project" error or something like this, and so it won't let me complete the import process. When I created the package, I specified different users for the "assigned by" and "assigned to" parts, so I don't understand what this message refers to. Does anybody know whether the problem lies instead on the fact that the package was created in a demo, so that some demo-originated error may be hindering the process?
In any case, the question I am most concerned with is... how can I rescue / save / change format on all these translated files, which display as "read-only" in the reviewing stage of the import process? When I right-click on them, no option appears either for some action to do.

Many thanks for any help provided.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import demo package into complete Trados 2009 version

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search