Thread poster: Irina Banks

Irina Banks
United States
Local time: 06:17
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

Question about TagEditor: I have an original file in InDesign. I need to translate it - I have TM from similar project which I did but the original text in first case was in Excel Format. I need to create translation project and add Indesign file to translate it but my SDL software does not accept the original file in Design, if someone had a similar problem can you please help? Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:17
French to German
+ ...
Conversion is the key Jan 8, 2010

Hi Irina,
the person who gave you the file must have InDesign, I assume. Then you simply have to ask them to convert the .INDD file to an .INX file, which is a format accepted by TagEditor. This task is performed with InDesign itself.

[Edited at 2010-01-08 19:02 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Depends of course on your Trados version and InDesign version Jan 8, 2010

So the best is indeed to ask the customer for INX, provided you have Trados 2007 and your customer InDesign CS2 or higher.
Is the file an InDesign CS3/CS4 file however and you own Trados 2007, you can easily download a test version of InDesign CS4 from Adobe home page. The test version works 30 days and will let you export and import your text and save the final version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Indesign files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search