My Tag Editor is going crazy - error -2147467259
Thread poster: Heloisa Ferreira

Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:42
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 10, 2010

OK, so I finished a new translation using Tag Editor, and, as usual, trying to clean it up with TW when I got the error -2147467259 message (error while converting to Word document). I had this problem before, so the first step was to run the tag verifier to check what went wrong.

Problem is... Tag Editor saves my document twice, all goes well at the first time, but when it tries to save the document for the second time, it crashes almost in the end of saving. Therefore, I cannot run the verifier.

What to do? I left it that way for a long time, went to the supermarket, took a shower, and the Tag Editor was still "not responding" and the saving operation stuck almost in the end of the green bar.

I had other documents with this problem, but then I used tag verifier and was able to correct them and clean them up. This one is driving me nuts!

I already restarted my computer, ran TE again, opened the file, asked TE to verify tags, the file was saved once without any problems and crashed on the second time TE tried to save it.

Why did TE try to save it twice before running the Tag Verifier? And why does it crash?

Please help!

Heloisa Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:42
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And about using Word... Jan 10, 2010

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... since I still have a whole day to deliver my assignment, I thought it could be a good idea to use translate to fuzzy inside Word (it's very slow but it could work - I use Trados 2007 and Windows 7), but some parts of the translation are lost and if I wanted to do it that way, I'd have to re-translate almost everything again.

But if the translation is in the TM, why is Word not recognizing it?

Serge ISRAEL  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
English to French
+ ...
Split the file Jan 10, 2010

I have sometimes the same problem, usually because of a @&%§§"&-style layout (you know, a mess!!) in the original Word document.
My solution is to split the document in 2, 3, 4, sometimes more parts and to translate each part individually. Usually, only one part causes the same problem, which can be fixed by inserting a paragraph mark before the start of a new section or a new page.

Good luck

[Edited at 2010-01-10 08:30 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:42
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Have you checked the SDL knowledgebase? Jan 10, 2010

Since you haven't mentioned that, you might want to go to talisma.sdl.com, enter the error number and check the search results (there are 6 of them).

Good luck!

Helen Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:42
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Protect tags and run through the ttx again Jan 10, 2010

Just an idea, but if the verify tags doesn't work, how about making sure your tags are protected (tools - options - protection) and then simply running through the document again - presumably your TM will recognise it all, so you won't have any new translation to do, but it will tell you every time there is a tag difference in a source/target segment...

Don't know if this will help with your end problem of cleaning up or not, but at least you'll be able to check tags that way.

Hope this helps!

Good luckicon_smile.gif

Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My Tag Editor is going crazy - error -2147467259

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search