Thread poster: Jerzy Czopik

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:07
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2010

Following some recent threads I feel forced to post this.

Many people are coming here and expecting help. This is very fine, as this forum is exactly about this.
But you seem to ignore the needs of all those willing to help.
I understand that you need help. But please remember, that when asking for help, you always have to give at least the most basic information, at least the software used and actions performed.
Not doing so is really disrespectful - and I really mean this as I say it.
So please do not wonder if you don't get help - I for one will not answer to such topics anymore.

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
miracle worker Jan 10, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:
and I really mean this

Hear hear, Jerzy.
I've often wondered at your patience, or indeed that you even bothered at all.
Don't expect too much -if any- change though.

Best,

Stefan

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Seconded Jan 10, 2010

I couldn't agree more with Jerzy. When asking for help, please include at least the following information:
OS version
Trados/SDLX version and build
The versions of any other applications involved in your question.

That would be a great help to those ready to help.

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
May I take this chance to thank Jerzy and others for help in the past? Jan 11, 2010

THANKS for being there, Jerzy!

When people do give the right details, they work as search terms in the forums. That means that I have searched several times in this forum for answers to problems, and found them here already. I am sure others have done this too.

If you know exactly what you need, fast help may be here already, and there will be no need to post a question and wait for a new answer.

And the advice works!

icon_smile.gif

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:07
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Patience is sometimes 'enabling' Jan 11, 2010

Thank you, Jerzy, for offering some timely 'tough love'. It really is pointless to answer the same questions time and again for those who can't be bothered to do a keyword search in the archives. With so little interest in proper research, I do not expect that they will produce great things as translation professionals.

This digital sharecropper will join you in the position stated.

Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ditto Jan 11, 2010

Christine Andersen wrote:

THANKS for being there, Jerzy!

When people do give the right details, they work as search terms in the forums. That means that I have searched several times in this forum for answers to problems, and found them here already. I am sure others have done this too.

If you know exactly what you need, fast help may be here already, and there will be no need to post a question and wait for a new answer.

And the advice works!

icon_smile.gif

Well said, Chistine and I wholeheartedly endorse your comments.

Thanks again to Jerzy and others for their excellent help/advice.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Let the data speak Jan 11, 2010

Hi all,

In this very forum have been treated about 6.500 topics. If you start searching "Jerzy" you will find 2.387 hits! That's the best illustration of Jerzy's contribution towards the generous idea of sharing expertise and knowledge with all of us, both basic and advanced Trados users.

One more reason to agree with Jerzy's call: this forum is a great archive of precious cases and problem description/solution, why not use what other peers yet have experienced?

[Edited at 2010-01-11 18:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Usage of this forum

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search