TM / Workbench - how to display the originating file of the segment?
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:19
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Jan 11, 2010

Hello,

how can I change the settings for a TM in Translator's Workbench (8.0 / Trados 2007) to display not only source, target, date etc., but also name of the file where the segment comes from?

Thanks!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Text fields Jan 11, 2010

Hi Tomas,
to do this, you will have to use text fields that will be stored with the individual TUs. The text fields can store information, such as the document name, number, version etc.
You can create the corresponding fields in Workbench under File > Setup... > Fields tab.

[Upraveno: 2010-01-11 18:54 GMT]

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
OK Jan 11, 2010

OK, I see, but how do I make TW "know" that the new field "file" (example) with attribute "filename" (example) should display the filename?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TM Maintenance Jan 12, 2010

Hi Tomas,
I may be exactly wrong as they may be a more automated way, but the way I do it is to use Maintenance, filter out all the new segments after a translation is finished and add the new field value manually. This is much easier in Studio where you can use the Batch Edit feature.

Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
project settings Jan 12, 2010

how do I make TW "know" that the new field "file" (...) should display?

You could do this using the TWB Project settings dialog; when opening a new file to translate, you can enter the file name in your file text field. No further automation.
I'd sort of advise against this as the space for displaying these fields' values is rather limited. Not worth the trouble. Adding a particular client name or a similar 'tag' would be more rewarding.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM / Workbench - how to display the originating file of the segment?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search