t2009 Error: The requested data file could not be located
Thread poster: Kathleen Misson

Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:27
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone seen this error message before?

It appears on creating a new project in the final task results window.

Error
The requested data file could not be located

File:
Translation.pdf.sdlxliff

The project files seem to open and save ok but reports are not created.

Many thanks for any help.
Kathleen.

[Edited at 2010-01-13 16:02 GMT]

Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
doing what? Jan 13, 2010

Kathleen Misson wrote:
Has anyone seen this error message before?

No. Never.
Kathleen Misson wrote:
Many thanks for any help.

What are you trying to do?

Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
"t2009 Error: The requested data file could not be located" Jan 13, 2010

Hi Stefan,

I was trying to create a new project. I have been using the software on windows 7 for about a month with mno problems and this message is new. It comes up every time I try to create a new project.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and this did not help.

I can translate with the software but the report analysis does not work.

Thank you.

Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
new project Jan 13, 2010

Hi Kathleen,

From your first post it would look like a pdf is involved; those are, of course, little rotters.

If it's at all OS related: I'm still on Vista (but very often it isn't.)

A report and an analysis are two somewhat almost entirely different things: there is no such thing as a report analysis, as far as I've been made aware of.

Stop uninstalling and reinstalling: never any good, unless as a last resort (rare) or an exercise in v
... See more
Hi Kathleen,

From your first post it would look like a pdf is involved; those are, of course, little rotters.

If it's at all OS related: I'm still on Vista (but very often it isn't.)

A report and an analysis are two somewhat almost entirely different things: there is no such thing as a report analysis, as far as I've been made aware of.

Stop uninstalling and reinstalling: never any good, unless as a last resort (rare) or an exercise in vengefulness (always): is this report analysis that important to you? If it's about keeping track of your progress (in a single file) you get a very accurate picture in the editor itself.

Have a good think; mention the file types you're trying to include; and tell everyone where to find this analysis report, and above all what it means to you.

Until such a time,

Stefan
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
PDF cannot be converted Jan 13, 2010

Hi Kathleen,
in my opinion, this message simply tells you that Studio is experiencing problems while converting the PDF file. Perhaps it's a scan or a large/heavily formatted PDF.
I would receive similar and very little descriptive error messages while trying to open PDFs in Studio to see if it really works. Needless to stress that I returned to my good old OCR software quickly.
The PDF filter in Studio does work, but only with very simple files with few or no images, tables et
... See more
Hi Kathleen,
in my opinion, this message simply tells you that Studio is experiencing problems while converting the PDF file. Perhaps it's a scan or a large/heavily formatted PDF.
I would receive similar and very little descriptive error messages while trying to open PDFs in Studio to see if it really works. Needless to stress that I returned to my good old OCR software quickly.
The PDF filter in Studio does work, but only with very simple files with few or no images, tables etc.

[Upraveno: 2010-01-13 20:29 GMT]
Collapse

Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved: "t2009 Error: The requested data file could not be located" Jan 14, 2010

Hi Stanislav,

You were right, it was a PDF file. I just tried a word document and the error did not occur.

Stefan, sorry for my poor use of the terminology. I meant the Reports, Analyse Files did not work.

Even though I had the error, I did the job on the pdf, saved target to a word doc and the result was pretty good apart from a few annoying formatting issues with bullet points.

Thank you for your help.
Kathleen.

FreeHansje  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same problem, different file Jun 14, 2011

I had the same problem today, but with an ordinary Word2003 file. Tried several things, because first time I opened the doc there was no problem.
In the end I closed and opened Studio 2009 again and lo! the doc loaded without a problem.
Strange.

Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
restarting trados Jun 14, 2011

Hi FreeHansje, I have found quite a few times with Trados errors that simply restarting the program sorts things out. Glad it is sorted. Cheers, Kath.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

t2009 Error: The requested data file could not be located

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search