Trados 2007 - how can I reinstall the lic key on the computer?
Thread poster: Michal Circolone
Michal Circolone
Michal Circolone  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:34
Member (2009)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2010

My computer had a disk error.
When I received it back from my tech guy I'm unable to start the workbench as I have the error message that the trial period is over and I need to either put the license key or it will run on demo mode.

I have Trados 2007 as part of TGB of Trados 2009 Studio Plus package.
I don't see where I can reset the license in "My licenses" section on the SDL website.

Can someone please help?!

Thanks,
Michal
... See more
My computer had a disk error.
When I received it back from my tech guy I'm unable to start the workbench as I have the error message that the trial period is over and I need to either put the license key or it will run on demo mode.

I have Trados 2007 as part of TGB of Trados 2009 Studio Plus package.
I don't see where I can reset the license in "My licenses" section on the SDL website.

Can someone please help?!

Thanks,
Michal

[Edited at 2010-01-15 03:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-15 14:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-15 14:19 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:34
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Have you tried to return the licence using license manager? Jan 15, 2010

You need to do it before uninstalling Trados/reinstalling system. Should it be unavailable you need to contact support submitting a support ticket.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Edited to add:

You'll find license manager in menu Start>Programs>SDL International>SLD 2007 Trados Freelance?License manager

[Edited at 2010-01-15 02:36 GMT]

Michal Circolone
Michal Circolone  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:34
Member (2009)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If only it were this simple! Jan 15, 2010

Yes I tried, and the license manager doesn't show my license.
It;'s like I never activated it..
And I did, but like I said a few days ago my computer gave me "Disk Error" screen so I had it repaired. When getting it back, license is gone.
I didn't pay for the premium support package (after paying almost $600.00, paying $120.00 on top for tech premium support is absolutely outrageous, especially since all other software companies out there provide first year warranty/tech suppo
... See more
Yes I tried, and the license manager doesn't show my license.
It;'s like I never activated it..
And I did, but like I said a few days ago my computer gave me "Disk Error" screen so I had it repaired. When getting it back, license is gone.
I didn't pay for the premium support package (after paying almost $600.00, paying $120.00 on top for tech premium support is absolutely outrageous, especially since all other software companies out there provide first year warranty/tech support for free!), but I I still hope someone from support will help! I left a message in the online chat app, as it's currently offline.

Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:34
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
You need to contact support than Jan 15, 2010

see here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154777-forgot_to_return_license_for_sdl_2007.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - how can I reinstall the lic key on the computer?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »