Trados 2007 - how can I reinstall the lic key on the computer?
Thread poster: Michal Circolone

Michal Circolone  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:01
Member (2009)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Jan 14, 2010

My computer had a disk error.
When I received it back from my tech guy I'm unable to start the workbench as I have the error message that the trial period is over and I need to either put the license key or it will run on demo mode.

I have Trados 2007 as part of TGB of Trados 2009 Studio Plus package.
I don't see where I can reset the license in "My licenses" section on the SDL website.

Can someone please help?!

Thanks,
Michal

[Edited at 2010-01-15 03:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-15 14:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-15 14:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:01
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Have you tried to return the licence using license manager? Jan 15, 2010

You need to do it before uninstalling Trados/reinstalling system. Should it be unavailable you need to contact support submitting a support ticket.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Edited to add:

You'll find license manager in menu Start>Programs>SDL International>SLD 2007 Trados Freelance?License manager

[Edited at 2010-01-15 02:36 GMT]

Michal Circolone  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:01
Member (2009)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If only it were this simple! Jan 15, 2010

Yes I tried, and the license manager doesn't show my license.
It;'s like I never activated it..
And I did, but like I said a few days ago my computer gave me "Disk Error" screen so I had it repaired. When getting it back, license is gone.
I didn't pay for the premium support package (after paying almost $600.00, paying $120.00 on top for tech premium support is absolutely outrageous, especially since all other software companies out there provide first year warranty/tech support for free!), but I I still hope someone from support will help! I left a message in the online chat app, as it's currently offline.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:01
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
You need to contact support than Jan 15, 2010

see here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154777-forgot_to_return_license_for_sdl_2007.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - how can I reinstall the lic key on the computer?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search