Thread poster: Alexandru Molla

Alexandru Molla
Romania
Local time: 18:17
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2010

Hello!

I have recently purchased Trados 2009. I'm working together with a friend who uses Trados Freelance 6.5. Please tell me how I can process her bilingual *.doc files so that I can add her translations into my translation memory. Since I've just purchased this software, my experience with it is limited, so any clue about my question will be more than welcome.

Thanks a lot!

A. Molla

Direct link Reply with quote

Reynir G
Local time: 16:17
Possible solution Jan 18, 2010

We had the same problem. Trados said that the way to go was to clean the bilingual files into a Trados 2007 memory, export into tmx from there and then you could import into Studio.

The problem we are facing is that we seem to lose the attribute fields when we clean into Trados 2007 with this method.

Alexandru Molla
Romania
Local time: 18:17
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 1, 2010

Hi.

Thanks a lot. I did that and it worked Now I have another problem, which other people have too: it won't save an 80-page document... I don't know why, but I'm under the impression that I shouldn't have spent that fortune to buy Trados.

[Modificato alle 2010-02-01 23:49 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Process Trados Freelance 6.5 bilingual files with Trados 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search