Problems translating HTML files in Trados Studio 2009 Arabic - English
Thread poster: rosie_longley

rosie_longley
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:41
Jan 16, 2010

Hi,

When translating in Trados Studio 2009 from Arabic to English, the text direction in the target text that's generated is always in the wrong direction (right to left). How can I solve this? I've tried inserting left-to-right tags into the target text, but I still always get the same result. I experience the same problems when translating PPT files.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:41
English
Can you tell us a little bit more? Jan 17, 2010

Hi Rosie,

I tried to reproduce this today, and the only way I can is by using CTRL+INS to copy source to target for an individual cell. Now even this was unexpected behaviour for me, but it corrected itself as soon as I started to type and was correctly left to right. The resultant target document was also correct.

Can you elaborate on what you are doing step by step?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems translating HTML files in Trados Studio 2009 Arabic - English

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search