Studio 2009 - is it possible to create my own statuses whick I could atribute to segments?
Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:17
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2010

It would make my life easier for instance if I could have something in between draft and translated - for instance notifying me that I need do do extra research regarding that particular segment. Unfortunately I cannot find an option how to create such additional statusicon_frown.gif

Best Regards
Stanislaw

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:17
English
No Custom statuses but.. Jan 17, 2010

Hi Stanislaw,

I think it's a good idea to be able to do this, one for http://ideas.sdl.com/. I have a seen a couple of ideas on a similar subject but I don't think they were the same as this.

One workaround that might be useful for you is to use the notes facility. You can place multiple notes at segment, or subsegment level, and you can also filter the display on them. So if you were to use CTRL+Shift+N for those segments you wanted to come back to and simply enter any character (a full stop for example) into the box that comes up, then you will see two things.

1. Each segment with the comment is coloured differently (this can be customised), and
2. You can use the display filter to see only the segments with the comments

Until we make further functionality available for this, perhaps this will help?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - is it possible to create my own statuses whick I could atribute to segments?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search