Thread poster: Bright Bridge

Bright Bridge  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 21:58
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 18, 2010

Hello everybody,
I am new to Trados. I got a TMX file from a client to work on. I could import it in Trados7 but cannot open it as word file. Can you advise step by step?
Regards,
Nabil

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
German to English
Translation memory Jan 18, 2010

The TMX is for exporting into the translation memory. You must have a different work file.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:58
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Export as txt Jan 18, 2010

In Wordbench you can export the tm as txt, which can be opened in any editor, including Word.
Regards
Heinrich

Shashi Kant Singh
India
Local time: 02:28
English to Hindi
+ ...
I think, you are confused! Jan 18, 2010

nabnet wrote:

Hello everybody,
I am new to Trados. I got a TMX file from a client to work on. I could import it in Trados7 but cannot open it as word file. Can you advise step by step?
Regards,
Nabil

Dear Nabil,

I think you are a bit confused! TMX means a kind of TM in "Translation Memory Exchange" file format. All you have to do is just to import this TMX file into your existing TM. To do so, open your TM, go to file - import. Now browse the TMX file and click import. Now all data of this file will be imported into your TM. Now use this TM to translate the files of the client.

Remember, you are to translate not this very TMX file. This is just TM. The file to be translated must be other than this file. Any doubt?

Bright Bridge  Identity Verified
Morocco
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Jan 18, 2010

Dear Gillian, Heinrich and Lang,

Thank you for your advice! I could export the file as txt and use it as TM in both Trados and wordfast.

Regards,

Nabil

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX to doc

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search