Thread poster: Helen Johnston

Helen Johnston  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:56
Member (2007)
Catalan to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2010

Why doesn't Trados 2009 seem to recognise my user ID in the translation segment information? I have created a User ID (File > Setup > Users) but it isn't appearing in the segment information - it just picks up the computer's identity, so the translation results say "created by PC/Guest User" or "Modified by Laptop".
I have tried going through all the steps of creating a new project, to see if there is any point at which you can specify the user, but nothing jumps out (and anyway, shouldn't it be default information?).

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
See thread a few hours ago Jan 19, 2010

This looks pretty similar to a thread that was update just a few hours ago.
You presumably checked it out before posting your problem?

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149428-customize_user_id_in_studio_2009_freelance.html

Helen Johnston  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't spot the thread! Jan 19, 2010

Thanks for pointing out this thread, I'm afraid didn't see it when I was looking earlier (odd, I searched on the terms User ID Studio 2009!).

Looks like the answer is there is no answer. I'll search and replace in the TM, as one respondent suggested, but it seems a bit daft, when it's something that worked so simply in Trados 2007. I might try creating a new Windows User ID, with a more meaningful name, and see if it picks that up (but reconfiguring my desktop, email etc. or hopping about between two Windows users both seem a rather laborious way to fix a small problem!).

At the moment it's not a major issue, I have to use Trados 2007 anyway for projects for the only agency I work with that is fussy about the User ID, as their TMs are mostly server based. But I presume one day Trados are hoping agencies will start upgrading too - SDL will need to fix this before that happens!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

User ID in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search