Workbench not highlighting MultiTerm matches
Thread poster: AntDunn

AntDunn
Local time: 08:10
German to English
Jan 19, 2010

Hi guys

I've recently set up a new PC and have had to reinstall Trados 2006 and MultiTerm 2007 on my new machine. After working briefly (for about 2 hours), Workbench no longer highlights any matches with the MultiTerm.

I've been through all the standard procedures that I know of. The "Term Recognition" options in Workbench are correct, as are the source and target languages. My TMs are working fine, as is MultiTerm if I run it as a standalone program. Stranger still, if I search for a term in the MultiTerm box in the TagEditor window, then this too works properly.

Occasionally when opening my first segment I will get an error message that I have never seen before. It is entitled as an "Access Error", but the error code itself is just a seemingly random collection of characters, occasionally ending in "trados.dll". It doesn't do it all the time, but next time it does I will include the exact wording of the error message into this thread.

This problem is so infuriating that I have reverted to using my old machine until I can fix this problem.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Ant

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:10
French to Polish
+ ...
Some standard steps... Jan 19, 2010

AntDunn wrote:

I've recently set up a new PC and have had to reinstall Trados 2006 and MultiTerm 2007

You're sure?
T2006 was shipped with MT 7.1.
Multiterm 2007 (aka 7.5) may have problems with Trados 2006.

on my new machine. After working briefly (for about 2 hours), Workbench no longer highlights any matches with the MultiTerm.

I've been through all the standard procedures that I know of.
quote]
See below.

Occasionally when opening my first segment I will get an error message that I have never seen before. It is entitled as an "Access Error", but the error code itself is just a seemingly random collection of characters, occasionally ending in "trados.dll". It doesn't do it all the time, but next time it does I will include the exact wording of the error message into this thread.

Quit all Trados/Multiterm applications.
Restart.
Try to reregister the T/MT components.
If it doesn't help, go to the Control Panel and try to repair the T/MT installations.
Don't uninstall/reinstall 'em.
Now, it's almost impossible to do it properly.
The Trados/Multiterm "classic" setup routines don't work on fully patched machines.

This problem is so infuriating that I have reverted to using my old machine until I can fix this problem.

Another Multiterm victim...

Cheers
GG

AntDunn
Local time: 08:10
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tips Jan 27, 2010

Hi, thanks for your advice.

I've been really busy just recently and barely had a chance to turn the hated new computer on. I've tried your tips and still no joy, it's even stopped displaying its error message now. I think I'm just going to have to uninstall everything and reinstall and try again. I can't see it being a major incompatibility problem as both packages work fine on my old machine, and TagEditor operates perfectly with MultiTerm, it's just Workbench that's having difficulties. Hopefully a reinstall will fix the mysterious problem.

Either that or I'm buying a pen and paper and doing everything by hand now on!

Ant

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench not highlighting MultiTerm matches

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search