Trados 2007 Studio not working with Word 2007
Thread poster: Sylvia Ahlbrandt
Sylvia Ahlbrandt  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
English to German
+ ...
Jan 19, 2010

Hi all,

I've purchased and installed SDL Trados 2009 Suite. The portion I need to work with is Trados 2007, which works fine in TagEditor, but not in Word.

The problem in Word is that I can open a segment with Alt Home, and close it with Alt End, but no other command does anything. The icons on the Trados task bar in Word do not work. When I try clicking any command there, I get the error message "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment".

I tried chatting with Trados online last night, and the agent suggested a number of fixes (removing the .dot files and putting them back, uninstalling and reinstalling Trados, registering Trados from the Start menu), but nothing works.

I'm running OS Windows 7 Ultimate and Office 2007.

I've already been out of commission for over a week after the crash of my old PC. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sylvia

Solution: A few hours later...

Well, someone pointed me in the right direction. The keyboard shortcuts for Trados have changed (they can be found in the user manual or by passing the cursor over the icons), and when I use the new ones, the program works. What still doesn't work is clicking on the icons themselves, same error message as above, but as long as I have the keyboard combinations, I'm happy.

[Edited at 2010-01-19 22:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 02:57
English to Arabic
+ ...
Working around the problem Apr 24, 2012

The reason for Trados keyboard shortcuts not to work is the conflict between Trados shortcuts & Word assigned shortcuts.

Solution that worked with Word 2007:

Assign another shortcut that matched your desire as follows:
Right-click a free space on Word menu bar and select “Customize Quick Access Toolbar…” >> Click “Customize…” button located down>> under “Categories:” select “Macros>> under “Macros:” select “tw4win???" where “???” is the command you need to assign shortcut for.

Locate your cursor on “Press new shortcut key” box and press your desired shortcut key.

Done
Kind regards

[Edited at 2012-04-24 11:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Studio not working with Word 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search