Formating in Editor window - Studio 2009?
Thread poster: Jose Ruivo

Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:33
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 20, 2010

Hi,

I'm translating a document with some words in red, and when one of these words is at begining of the sentence/line in the source, and I need to start the target with non-red words, so copy/paste black text to the begining of the line, such copied text loses the font formating it originally hadicon_frown.gif

How can solve this, please, making the black text at the begining retain its original formating, please?

Thanks,
Jose

Kari Schultz  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:33
Swedish to Finnish
+ ...
RE Formating in Editor Window - studio 2009 Jan 20, 2010

Hello Jose, have you tried the "Copy source" -button? It should retain the original formatting.

Kind regards,
Kari, from Finland

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite... Jan 20, 2010

Kari Schultz wrote:

Hello Jose, have you tried the "Copy source" -button? It should retain the original formatting.

Kind regards,
Kari, from Finland

Hi Kari,

If I copy source "Red black black" I'll get "Red black black".

But then, I need to translate as "Black Red black", and as I move a black word to the begining of the line, that black word loses its original formating...icon_frown.gif

Regards,
Jose

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Show tags Jan 20, 2010

you can also select the whole text in the target cell (CTRL+A) and press CTRL+Space.
But using tags you will achieve better results.

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not quite... Jan 20, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

you can also select the whole text in the target cell (CTRL+A) and press CTRL+Space.
But using tags you will achieve better results.

Hi Jerzy,

I already have full tag text display ON. But I can't see any tags, only the formatings. I'm working on a Word file.

Next, if clear formaings, as in Ctrl+Space, 2 things I do not want happen:

1) the Red text loses the red color;
2) the black text loses the font formating of the original.

Thanks anyway,
Jose

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Toggle the tag view for WYSIWYG-display Jan 20, 2010

This is the button beside the reverted P for showing non-printable characters.

And when your text does not have any formatting, simply apply the desied formatting from the source. To do so, select the text and simply press CTRL+Comma (is standard setting, if you did not change that, this will work) - chose the formatting you need and you're done.

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jan 20, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

This is the button beside the reverted P for showing non-printable characters.

And when your text does not have any formatting, simply apply the desied formatting from the source. To do so, select the text and simply press CTRL+Comma (is standard setting, if you did not change that, this will work) - chose the formatting you need and you're done.

Thanks a lot Jerzy!

Toggling between WYSWYG was enough to find "guilty" tags and correct the problem.
(Ctrl +Comma also worked).

Best,
Jose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formating in Editor window - Studio 2009?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search