Using Tag Editor ini File in Trados 2009?
Thread poster: Remy Blaettler

Remy Blaettler
Local time: 20:12
German to English
+ ...
Jan 22, 2010

I'm a complete newby to Trados and we got directly the 2009 Edition. Now we have a client that sent us an XML file together with a SDLTradosTagEditor.ini File. I assume one was able to configure Tag Editor with this ini file to afterwards use the XML File.
But how does this work in 2009? Is there even a way to do that with the old ini file?

I was looking through the File Types options dialog, but could not find anything.

Any ideas?

Cheers from icy Switzerland.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Depends on what you shall deliver Jan 22, 2010

If your customer has simply ordered a translated XML file back, then go directly for Studio. Otherwise include the ini file in Tageditor (save the ini on your HDD and open the XML in Tageditor, when asked for the ini, say "I want to look for it" and show TE where it is located), then save the xml file as TTX. Use the TTX and translate it in Studio.

If you go directly for Studio, go to Tools - Options and click on File types. On the right side you will then see a list of file types already configured and buttons for open or create a new file type. Create a new file type, give it a name, then chose, that this will be a setting for XML files, import the ini send by your customer and save the created file. That's particularly all.

Remy Blaettler
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INI file does not contain case sensitive element descriptions Jan 22, 2010

Thanks for the quick replay.

Two points:
I figured there is no separate Tag Editor in Studio 2009?

But it worked with the Filetype Import of the ini file. Just unfortunately I'm getting this message: The imported INI file does not contain case sensitive element descriptions.

How do I make them case in-sensitive?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is no separate editor in Studio Jan 22, 2010

Indeed - Studio is ONE programm.
You can ignore the warning AFAIK - this is I think just a difference in handling of XML files by TE and Studio.
If you wish, you can also try to create a new SDLFILETYPE using the xml file itself instead of the ini. The way to do it is the same, but instead of importing the ini you import the XML. This way is not good in Studio, if you have more than one XML, because the import operation supports just one file. In that case it is better to create INI in Trados 2007...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Tag Editor ini File in Trados 2009?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search