Change a translation in capital letters to small letters automatically in SDL Trados 2009 SP1
Thread poster: Philippe Morgan de Rivery

Philippe Morgan de Rivery  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:17
English to French
Jan 23, 2010

Hi everybody,

I have SDL Trados 2009 SP1 and sometimes I have already translated something in capital letters so when it appears again in small letters, the TM gives me the same translation, but for now I still need to rewrite it manually in small letters as the second time the segment appears is in small letters. It is not a huge problem but I think it would be great if there was a way to automatically change the capital letters into small letters. I have tried but couldn't find one. So if you have a tip on this, it would be great and could also make life even easier for other people as me! Thanks a lot!

Philippe

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
same as in Word Jan 23, 2010

Hi Philippe
Select the text and then use the same short cut as in Word:
Shift+F3
It toggles between lower and upper case and capital initial letters

Philippe Morgan de Rivery  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 23, 2010

Wow, great tip Emma, I didn't even know that for Word as well, thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change a translation in capital letters to small letters automatically in SDL Trados 2009 SP1

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search