Inatalling Trados Freelance 6.5 onto new PC
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:04
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

I am trying to install my Trados licence onto a new 'second' PC, i.e. I have uninstalled it from my old PC. When I go into the 'My Account' page I am told that there are 'No Downloads available. I have tried contacting Trados and in their characteristic Trados way have been absolutely useless! Does anybody have a support number that I could call?

Thank you for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:04
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
search the forum before posting Jan 23, 2010

The problem of not returning licences crops up regularly:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/155807-cannot_return_trados_2007_licence_because_old_hard_drive_destroyed.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/155579-reinstall_sdl_trados_2006.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154777-forgot_to_return_license_for_sdl_2007.html

I have tried contacting Trados and in their characteristic Trados way have been absolutely useless!

I can't agree with you. I have only had great support from them, especially through this forum. In fact in the 3 above threads, SDL Support has been the one to help out the asker every time.

Hope you get your Trados up and running soon!

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still can't resolve problem Jan 24, 2010

Hello

Thank you for your suggestions. However, there is no option to click on 'Return licence' as it says that there are no licences and no downloads available in 'My account'. I originally purchased the Freelance 6.5 in 2004, surely I must still be able to install the licence on two machines as per the agreement?

I think I really need to speak to somebody at Trados. As I've said, I have already contected them via e-mail and have not received any reply.

Thanks

Steve

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
follow the advice in the other threads! Jan 24, 2010

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I understand that you uninstalled Trados without returning the licence. (You have to "Return licence" while you still have a version that is installed. You can't do it from "My account".)
If that's the case, then you're in the same position as the first thread I linked to in my previous post ("old drive destroyed") because, for another reason, you cannot return your licence.
Why don't you follow the steps that Paul from SDL support recommends?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Old License Jan 24, 2010

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure who you tried to contact, but I will contact you off-forum and see if we can resolve this.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems installing Trados 6.5 Freelance Jan 24, 2010

Thank you all very much for your help.

I would like to retract my comments regarding Trados from my previous posting and offer my apologies. The assistance I have been given by Paul Filkin from SDL Support has been first class. I based my comments on my experiences from four or five years ago and obviously the situation has improved immensely since then.

Best regards

Stephen Mewes

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inatalling Trados Freelance 6.5 onto new PC

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search