Trados 2009, Framemaker8 and special characters
Thread poster: marie-cecile

marie-cecile  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
English to French
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

Hi,

I translated some mif files from English to French with Trados Suite 2009, and when I open the target files with Framemaker 8 the special characters are replaced. For example, é becomes Щ and è becomes Ю.

I don't have the problem if I open the files with FM9, but the client wants FM7 format (which I can do from FM8, but not from FM9 as far as I know).

Is there some incompatibility between Trados 2009 and FM8 or is it just... me?

Thanks!

jaymin
Canada
Local time: 23:47
Member (2009)
German to Korean
+ ...
incompatibility issues Jan 24, 2010

good information.
is it compatible with publisher 2007 and InDesign?

jyconte
Local time: 20:47
Trados 2009, Framemaker8 and special characters Jan 24, 2010

marie-cecile wrote:

Hi,

I translated some mif files from English to French with Trados Suite 2009, and when I open the target files with Framemaker 8 the special characters are replaced. For example, é becomes Щ and è becomes Ю.

I don't have the problem if I open the files with FM9, but the client wants FM7 format (which I can do from FM8, but not from FM9 as far as I know).

Is there some incompatibility between Trados 2009 and FM8 or is it just... me?

Thanks!

According to this link, you can save Frame 9 files in Frame 7.0:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/WS6C6E3150-BE49-4e91-A28D-C80156A36E57.html#WS8EEC77EE-0BA5-4aac-9704-34E58D6CE68D

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009, Framemaker8 and special characters

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search