Multiterm 2007, Trados 2007 SP2 and WIn 7-Unsuported 16-bit application
Thread poster: Maria Avilan

Maria Avilan
Local time: 14:57
English to Spanish
Jan 24, 2010

Hello,

I was installing MultiTerm 2007 on a new laptop with Win7 and it gave me the following error:
The program or feature"\??\C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SDL MultiTerm 2007 Desktop SP1\Start.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks su much,

Maria Alejandra

[Edited at 2010-01-24 17:30 GMT]

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:57
English to Hungarian
you need to... Jan 25, 2010

run the installer (SDL MultiTerm 2007.exe or similar name, depending on the version of the product, which can be found in the Products or Installers subfolder - sorry, I don't remember the exact file structure), not the start.exe

Maria Avilan
Local time: 14:57
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Do you think this may be the file? Jan 25, 2010

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for your reply. I look through the MultiTerm folder and this is the only exe file I found: MultiTerm.exe.manifest
Is this the file you are referring to? Thanks,

Maria Alejandra

Laetitia Chemin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:57
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Translating .ttx file and working with Translation Memories in SDLX 2007 with Windows Vista Jan 27, 2010

Hello!

I've just purchased the CAT tool which I've used in a previous job and on windows XP.

Now I've installed it in my laptop PC with Windows Vista and I'm bumping into lots of problems that I didn't have before...

Fisrt, I've started to translate a .ttx file in TagEditor. I've closed the file down after having translated a few segments and made a comment in the file. Now the file appears to be saved as a .COMMENT file and can't be reopened in TagEditor (format unrecognised!) Is it possible to reopen the file without having lost all the translated content?

I want to understand where the problem comes from... I opened the .ttx file in TagEditor and the workbench was open too, but the TM didn't appear to be working properly...

Subsequenty, the TM sent me Excel TM file, do I need to convert them in Multiterm or is there a quicker way to proceed, with Studio 2009 per exemple? (I've also got this new software but I'm afraid I have to deal with the above problems before I try to figure how it works...)

Anyway, thanks in advance for your all the tips you'll give me!

Kind regards,

Laetitia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007, Trados 2007 SP2 and WIn 7-Unsuported 16-bit application

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search