Studio error: filter definition file not found, can't save!
Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 24, 2010

I'm working with Studio. Towards the end of a long document, when attempting to save either the bilingual or the target file, I'm getting an error saying:

Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found.

The offending missing file is apparently called ci3yquln.sur.tmp

Any ideas what may be causing this?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:40
English
Is 2007 still installed? Jan 24, 2010

Hi Nora,

Can you confirm that you still have SDL Trados 2007 installed? This is a common error received when you translate a ttx but do not have the 2007 software installed.

Regards

Paul

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 still installed Jan 25, 2010

Hi Paul,

Yes, Trados 2007 is still installed and I routinely use both Trados 2007 and Studio 2009 with no issues, so this caught me by surprise.

I am happy to report that closing Studio and opening it again took care of the problem. I thought about doing this but was worried I might lose all my work. Happily, everything was still there when I opened Studio again.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio error: filter definition file not found, can't save!

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search