Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:15
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Jan 25, 2010

1. Multiterm 2009 hang when I tried to browse through the list of terms of an open termbase.
2. After a few minutes I had to close it forcibly.
3. From this point on, Multiterm has crashed every time it tries to retrieve the list of available termbases.

I believe Multiterm stores the list of available databases in a file, which might have become corrupted - but where is this file located, and can it be deleted / substituted?

[Edited at 2010-01-25 12:26 GMT]

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:15
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Jan 25, 2010

I believe I have found a solution for this one myself. Instead of trying to open a termbase from inside Multiterm, do the following:

1. Start Multiterm and minimize it
2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to a termbase in the MT v8 format
3. Double click on it and open it.
4. When Multiterm loads the termbase, you will find out that you can go on and also open other termbases in the usual manner (from inside Multiterm).

...and do not forget to keep your
... See more
I believe I have found a solution for this one myself. Instead of trying to open a termbase from inside Multiterm, do the following:

1. Start Multiterm and minimize it
2. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to a termbase in the MT v8 format
3. Double click on it and open it.
4. When Multiterm loads the termbase, you will find out that you can go on and also open other termbases in the usual manner (from inside Multiterm).

...and do not forget to keep your fingers crossed.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 crashes when opeining the list of available termbases

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »