TagEditor 2007 in Word - newly open segment keeps moving to/above the top border of the window
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:28
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Jan 27, 2010

Hello,

time to time, I encounter this annoying behaviour of segments translated with TagEditor 2007 in Word (both 2003 and 2007):

When I move to the next segment, this segment is not displayed in the middle of the screen where I was when working on the previous segment, but it is moved above the top border of the window - or better said I see only the target line. To see the source line I have to scroll up. (I use the default "print" layout.)

Is there any cure for this?

Thanks!

Emin Arı  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 01:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
same happens Jan 28, 2010

Same happens in my computer. I could not find any solution for this fool bug. Nothing improves when changing from one view to another

Jens Lober  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 00:28
English to Danish
The only solution I can come up with Jan 28, 2010

...is to enable the Show/Hide feature. I have even encountered that the open segments move several pages up, which is extremely annoying.

Shashi Kant Singh
India
Local time: 03:58
English to Hindi
+ ...
Try this remedy! Jan 28, 2010

I also encounter this problem from time to time and my observation is that either we have opened too many programs/windows or our RAM is not sufficient.

To overcome this problem, I just close unwanted windows/programs. Sometimes when this is not enough, I close all the programs and remove temporay files then this problem disappears.

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
newly open segment keeps moving to/above the top border of the window Jan 28, 2010

Hi

do you mean:
translated with Tageditor
OR
translated with Workbench + Word (both 2003 and 2007)

as I think it is the second case, you must use the MS Word "Normal View" visualization
NOT, the "Print Layout View" visualization
this way, every open TU is perfectly centered and visible !

and note that you can miss something, for example text boxes or footers/headers, so, before closing the file, check them using the MS Word "Print Layout View", may enabling the Show/Hide feature as Jens said

but if you mean a situation in which the TU seems centered but the mouse cursor is not were you think it would be, i.e. you think it is on the text, remove a word, close the TU, receive an error message, and enabling the Show/Hide feature you see that you have destroyed the TU, then the issue is completely different

I don't think it is linked to PC RAM as I have 3 GB and no swap disc at all, and all 15 softwares that I currently use don't do 1 GB in the whole

rather, I think it is MS Word that cannot rightly manages its memory

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-01-28 15:49 GMT]

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Switching to draft view Jan 28, 2010

Does this happen also when you're working in draft view?

I know this happens when I have the document in Word print layout view, but changing to draft view solves the problem.

EDITED:

I just reread your post. Print layout view is the culprit, change to draft view instead.

[Edited at 2010-01-28 21:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 in Word - newly open segment keeps moving to/above the top border of the window

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search