Thread poster: roderick_c

roderick_c  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:09
German to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2010

Help!
I have Multierm7 installed on my computer. I have just upgraded the computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 and installed SDL Trados7 Freelance including Multiterm7. On trying to add entries I received the now-familiar "null" and "java.lang.exception" which has bugged me at various stages in the last few years.
However, I have up to now been able to solve this problem by deactivating the next generation of java plugins (http://talisma.sdl.com 2362), but now it appears that I have the latest version of java (JRE 6) installed on my computer and JRE 5 update 10 either does not exist or has been deleted.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions

Thanks

Rod Chuck

Direct link Reply with quote

Adi Al-Ka'bi
Local time: 20:09
Arabic to English
+ ...
Restore Jan 28, 2010

Reastore to your previous status before the undesirable updates/installations took place

roderick_c  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:09
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Situation update Jan 28, 2010

In the meantime I have downloaded and reinstalled JRE 5 update 10 (which is apparently necessary for Trados) and have deleted MultiTerm7dot.xml, another suggestion by users having this problem. All to no avail.

Thanks for the (implied) suggestion of restoring WindowsXP after having installed Windows7. I assume this suggestion was either facetious or ironic!

Rod Chuck

Adi Al-Ka'bi
Local time: 20:09
Arabic to English
+ ...
Restore 2 Jan 28, 2010

Go back (restore) to just before installing whatever introduced a fault.

I don't run any translation software on my computers. But just because some software operated on a previous system (in your case Windows XP) it does not necessarily mean it will operate on a new operating system (in your case Windows 7). Like some web cams, scanners, printers that ran on Millenium (for example) do not necessarily operate on XP (and vice versa sometimes). At some stage some older software are no longer compatible to newer operating systems.

Restoring to previous operating system was not implied above. There is no "restore" to a previous operating system function once an updated (or new) version is installed.

You can try to install again after restore, but if the same fault occurs it will normally mean that the software (that ran on XP) is no longer functional on the new operating system or wait until a service pack (or specialized remedy) comes up or someone suggests a solution.

[Edited at 2010-01-28 21:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm7 null error java (again)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search