ERROR: The translation memory could not be loaded: ‘culture name ‘AR-AR’ is not supported
Thread poster: aazaadeh

aazaadeh
Iran
Local time: 21:31
Jan 28, 2010

hello

I am trying to import my wordfast TM to SDLX Studio 2009. I converted WF TXT TM to TMX, but now when I try to import or upgrade TMX files I recived this error: The translation memory could not be loaded: ‘culture name ‘AR-AR’ is not supported.
parameter name: name

how can I get rid of this?

Any suggestion?

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
AR-AR Jan 28, 2010

may be you have TUs tagged with the same language tag in source and target?
check the WF TXT with notepad

I don't think this is acceptable in Trados, i.e. the source must be different from the target

Claudio

aazaadeh
Iran
Local time: 21:31
TOPIC STARTER
EN-US TO AR-AR Jan 28, 2010

no, the source is EN-US and the target is AR-AR.

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
ERROR: The translation memory could not be loaded: ‘culture name ‘AR-AR’ is not supported Jan 28, 2010

see here in the Trados Help
Examples: DE_DE stands for German (Germany), DE_CH for German (Switzerland), ZH_CN for Chinese (China), and ZH_SG for Chinese (Singapore). If a language is only spoken in one country, "00" is used as country code. Examples: FI_00 stands for Finnish, JA_00 for Japanese.

may be that arabian language code is AR_00, not AR_AR ...

mmm ... it seems that Trados Help is completely wrong as a TU of mine (italian has no variants too) is:
Seg L=IT-IT
so Seg L=AR-AR it's legitimate, I think

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-01-28 23:52 GMT]

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 19:01
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Where to find this list Apr 21, 2010

@Claudio - where did you find this list of language codes?

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
ISO... Apr 21, 2010

PCovs wrote:

@Claudio - where did you find this list of language codes?

RTFM icon_smile.gif
But use the T2007 version icon_smile.gif
It seems the SDL guys don't longer think it's useful icon_smile.gif

BTW.
The language codes are defined by ISO 639-1
The country code are listed by ISO 3166.
Just google.

Cheers
GG

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Supported Language Codes in Studio Apr 21, 2010

Hi,

AR-AR is not a valid language code for Studio as there is no subculture and Studio requires this so the TM knows the "sublanguage" (rather: region) of the target language in order to apply correct auto-localization. Otherwise the auto-localization of date, time, and possibly numeric and measurement expressions will lead to incorrect results as the region's specific separators and date/time patterns are not observed. You can find the full list of language variants that we support here;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb896001.aspx

A solution in this case might be to search and replace AR-AR for the flavour that you work with, maybe ar-DZ (Algeria) or ar-SA (Saudi Arabia).

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ERROR: The translation memory could not be loaded: ‘culture name ‘AR-AR’ is not supported

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search