https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/156442-tag_editor_error_window_resizing.html

Tag Editor error -- window resizing
Thread poster: sorcha-niri
Jan 28, 2010

Hi!

I am no longer able to resize my Tag Editor window to work with Trados Workbench above it (as I usually do). When I click the icon to make the window smaller, it minimizes to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and I have to right-click and select Maximize to open it again.

This has only been occurring since recently and I have not upgraded Trados in over a year. I am working with Trados 2007, Tag Editor V8 Build 835 on Windows XP, if any of that helps... See more
Hi!

I am no longer able to resize my Tag Editor window to work with Trados Workbench above it (as I usually do). When I click the icon to make the window smaller, it minimizes to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and I have to right-click and select Maximize to open it again.

This has only been occurring since recently and I have not upgraded Trados in over a year. I am working with Trados 2007, Tag Editor V8 Build 835 on Windows XP, if any of that helps

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:46
English
Please try the following... Jan 28, 2010

Hello Sorcha-Niri,

Please try the following:

1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type "regedit"
3. Go to keyname HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TagEditor\Settings
4. Right click on this key and choose Export. Please choose a location to temporarily save a backup of this entry. Your Desktop is fine.
5. Delete the "Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right" entries from the right hand window.
6. Close the Registry Editor.

Please reopen TagEditor
... See more
Hello Sorcha-Niri,

Please try the following:

1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type "regedit"
3. Go to keyname HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TagEditor\Settings
4. Right click on this key and choose Export. Please choose a location to temporarily save a backup of this entry. Your Desktop is fine.
5. Delete the "Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right" entries from the right hand window.
6. Close the Registry Editor.

Please reopen TagEditor and you should now be able to maximise and minimise the TagEditor window. If this has worked successfully then feel free to delete the registry key backup which you made earlier.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2010-01-28 17:27 GMT]
Collapse

ignacio m perez
ignacio m perez
Local time: 04:46
Tag Editor error -- window resizing Mar 30, 2010

Hi Gareth Powell,

I had the same problem than Sorcha and your guideline helped!

I´d just like to "change" your explanation for users which use a computer with Windows in Spanish:

1) Go to "Iniciar"
2) Type "regedit" in the field "Iniciar búsqueda"
3-6) just follow Mr. Powell´s advice.

Thanks again for your help!

[Edited at 2010-03-30 23:30 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-03-30 23:30 GMT]

Cristina Feletto
Cristina Feletto  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Italian
It works!!! Apr 16, 2010

Thank you so much for providing these instructions. I had been trying to fix this problem forever, with no success. This made my day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor error -- window resizing

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »