Cultures Connection
France
Local time: 09:10
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 28, 2010

Hi there,

I have installed Studio on my computer and have started to work with it. In this particular project the client can't open the studio file (he does not have it). What should I do? Is there a way to save the file in a ttx format, for instance?

I urgently need your help, client is waiting for my files..

Thanks a lot

Fabrice

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Using a SDL Studio file with Trados 2007 Jan 28, 2010

what happens if you click on Save as?
there must be Save as ttx, as it's the common file format from Studio 2007 onwards

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2010-01-28 23:47 GMT]

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 04:10
English to Portuguese
You have to translate as TT to save as TTX Jan 29, 2010

Hi

Of course your client wants bilinguals, but Studio only saves a translated file as TTX if it was originally a TTX, otherwise you can only save as SDLIFF.

For Word bilinguals, save the Word file as TTX (opening in Tag Editor), translate in Studio, export the memory, translate the original using that memory.

Everything about that and much more more you can find in the excellent file "SDL Trados Studio Migration Guide", a PDF located in the Documentation folder of Studio installation.

Best rgds

Edric

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Member (2004)
German to English
Create a TTX from the source doc Jan 29, 2010

Open the TTX in Studio and run it through the memory. Hopefully there are only 100% matches - but you may need to edit it a little. Save as TTX and send to client.

There is an alternative if the client is open enough - send them a TMX export for them to import into their TM. Do they really need the TTX or just the TM export?

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Member (2004)
German to English
See also Jan 29, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/156407-transferring_from_trados_2009_to_2007.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using a SDL Studio file with Trados 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search