Fatima Sayyad Hernando
Fatima Sayyad Hernando  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2010

Hello,

Two weeks ago I bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and I reinstalled Trados 7. The installation is successfully completed everytime (apparently), but the problem comes when I try to create a new TM with the Workbench; I only can choose the following languages: from "Arabic (Algeria)" to "Czech" both on Source and Target Languages, whereas the languages I chose during the installation were ES, DE, EN, IT and FR.

I tried reinstalling several times, but it didn't wo
... See more
Hello,

Two weeks ago I bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and I reinstalled Trados 7. The installation is successfully completed everytime (apparently), but the problem comes when I try to create a new TM with the Workbench; I only can choose the following languages: from "Arabic (Algeria)" to "Czech" both on Source and Target Languages, whereas the languages I chose during the installation were ES, DE, EN, IT and FR.

I tried reinstalling several times, but it didn't work out; I tried to fool Trados by opening an old TM with two different languages, but it rejects saying that those were not the languages chosen during the installation.

Could anyone help me, please? Anyone knows if there are problems of compatibility between Trados 7 and Windows 7? Thanks a lot in advance.
Collapse

Fatima Sayyad Hernando
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Feb 4, 2010

Well, thanks anyway. It was a problem of Windows 7. I found the solution on this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/135277-trados_in_windows_7.html

And this video was ve
... See more
Well, thanks anyway. It was a problem of Windows 7. I found the solution on this thread:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/135277-trados_in_windows_7.html

And this video was very useful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlLYt3NrhZk

I followed the instructions and know it works... apparently!
Collapse

ATripolone
ATripolone
Local time: 23:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
I couldn't actually find an answer to my problem Aug 12, 2011

Hi! - The exact same thing happenned to me!
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I installed MS Office 2003 and I tried installing Trados 7, but when I tried to create a new TM, not all languages are available. Just like you descrive on your post.
However, I couldn't solve it. What did you do? - I read the thread you suggested, but couldn't find an answer there...
I know this is an old thread, but I really need to figure this out.

Thanks a lot in advance!... See more
Hi! - The exact same thing happenned to me!
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I installed MS Office 2003 and I tried installing Trados 7, but when I tried to create a new TM, not all languages are available. Just like you descrive on your post.
However, I couldn't solve it. What did you do? - I read the thread you suggested, but couldn't find an answer there...
I know this is an old thread, but I really need to figure this out.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Adrian
Collapse

Fatima Sayyad Hernando
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Follow the instructions on the video Aug 14, 2011

Hi Adrian!

I don't remember exactly how I solved that out, but I think I just followed the instructions on the following video and it worked out right:

http://www.royalia.com/translation/installing-trados-on-windows-vista

Or in Youtube, search for "Installing Trados on Windows Vista - Trados 7 - SDLX Trados"

Let us k
... See more
Hi Adrian!

I don't remember exactly how I solved that out, but I think I just followed the instructions on the following video and it worked out right:

http://www.royalia.com/translation/installing-trados-on-windows-vista

Or in Youtube, search for "Installing Trados on Windows Vista - Trados 7 - SDLX Trados"

Let us know if you make it. Good luck!

Fátima
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7-Windows 7: only few languages displayed on T. Workbench

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »