Multiterm9 problem when adding new entry
Thread poster: roderick_c

roderick_c  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:02
German to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2010

After suffering from the Multiterm7 "null" and "java.lang.exception" problem on windows7 and finally accepting the incompatibility of MT7, I finally conceded defeat and ordered Multiterm9 (SDL Multiterm - 8.1.1107.0). I removed MT7 and installed MT9 without too much difficulty.

However, when trying to add a new entry to a new termbase, the following error message appeared:

-
Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.MultiTermCppBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
-
System.IO.FileLoadException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.MultiTermCppBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.MultiTerm.UI

etc. (I haven't included the rest of the error message, but I guess anybody who can help doesn't need it....)

So in effect I have replaced not only one multiterm version with another, but also one error message with another.
(And paid good money for a program that doesn't function)

What on earth is going on? What is side-by-side configuration and why doesn't it work? Can anybody help, as my main computer is presently useless for translation work?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 21:02
English to French
+ ...
SDL Jan 29, 2010

Have you tried contacting SDL, the company who sold you the program?

Jean-Pierre

Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Contact Jan 29, 2010

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Yes I am presently in contact with SDL and am now following a line of suggestions from them. If this succeeds, I will inform on this forum.

sabrinadessi
Italian to English
+ ...
Multiterm9 - "add new term" not working and crash May 20, 2010

Hi,
I get the same error and this was the whole point for me to have trados, multiterm does not work. After this error message

Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.MultiTermCppBridge, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

multiterm shuts down.

Unfortunately the error is not in trados support database, and that is the only thing available, unless you are willing to pay to get support, after you spend €700 on a software.

Sabrina

Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm9 problem when adding new entry May 21, 2010

Hi Sabrina,

Multiterm9 is now finally working, thanks to an online session with SDL Support. Try to contact Gareth Powell at SDL, who was very helpful. Fundamentally the problem seemed to have something to do with java. Multiterm9 does not function with later plug-ins/versions of java, so this needs to be disabled. In Control Panel, open java control panel under java(32-bit), click the advanced tab and under java plug-in, un-click the enable next generation java plug-in. You may have to uninstall Multiterm9 first of all, then re-install. If this does not work, try to contact SDL Support: I also have no service contract, but I too felt that after having spent so much on Multierm9, it was SDL's responsibility to get it working on a normally configured computer if there was a problem.

My other problem with Multiterm9, (the integration in Word 2003 or Word 2007), has still not been resolved, so for me Multiterm9 is a bit of a cripple.

Hope this helps. If not, I recommend contacting Gareth at SDL.

Rod

sabrinadessi
Italian to English
+ ...
trados studio multiterm flaws with Window 7 May 21, 2010

Rod thanks a lot for your help. I'll give it a try and see if it works, I am spending so much time on this software, I hope I can see some return in time and money sooner or later

Sabrina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm9 problem when adding new entry

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search