Messed up tags in TagEditor
Thread poster: Ester Eggert

Ester Eggert  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 15:36
English to Estonian
+ ...
Jan 30, 2010

I am not very experienced when it comes to using TagEditor so the problem might seem stupid to many of you.
However, I have a big and urgent translation project in my hands and I need a solution to this problem.
I used Studio 2009 for translating html files but as the client requires unclean ttx files, I have to re-translate everything with TagEditor. I have managed to format all tags as required in Studio but when I open the file for translation in TagEditor then all the 100% matches do exist in the TM but all the tags are completely messed up. I would correct them manually but I really don't know how... Is there a nice and fast solution to this mess?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:36
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Create ttx files PRIOR to translationin Studio Jan 30, 2010

then create a project in Studio for these ttx files.
After the translation ist done, use "generate target translation" to get the ttx for your customer.

Ester Eggert  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 15:36
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 30, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

then create a project in Studio for these ttx files.
After the translation ist done, use "generate target translation" to get the ttx for your customer.

Thanks. This does solve my problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Messed up tags in TagEditor

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search