Trados Studio 2009: My memory is not updated with new translation
Thread poster: Regina Fisher
Regina Fisher  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:33
English to German
Feb 2, 2010

I use SDL Trados Studio 2009. I have translated a document and confirmed every segment (Cntrl Enter) (the green pencil with the tick), but the translation is not moved into the memory that I have open.

What has gone wrong? Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-02 16:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Your project memory is updated Feb 2, 2010

If you have created a "new project" your project TM will be updated. Your main memory won't be updated until you finalise the project.
To avoid this - if you are just translating a single file say - use "open document" and that way a project TM won't be created.
See this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149464-how_do_translation_memories_are_managed_in_sdl2009.html

Henry Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:33
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Two types of TMs Feb 2, 2010

Hi Regina:
Please check my post here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/152704-trados_2009:_double_tm_files_why.html
Hope it helps.

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:33
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Update box Feb 2, 2010

Hi Regina,

I think that you simply did not tick the Update TM box while starting the project. To do it now just select Project -> Project Settings -> Language pairs -> select your language pair -> Translation Memory and Automated Translation, then on the right pane tick a box under Update title.

Regina Fisher wrote:

I use SDL Trados Studio 2009. I have translated a document and confirmed every segment (Cntrl Enter) (the green pencil with the tick), but the translation is not moved into the memory that I have open.

What has gone wrong? Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-02 16:07 GMT]

Regina Fisher  Identity Verified
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 2, 2010

it's working now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009: My memory is not updated with new translation

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search