Thread poster: mpoho
mpoho
Poland
Local time: 00:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 2, 2010

Hello,
I am also quite new to this so please be gentle. I have opened a new project in SDL Trados 2009, added one PDF file, ran batch tasks (prepare without project TM) and used the default tasks (convert to translatable format, copy to target language, analyze files, pre-translate files), I left the settings untouched and it went smoothly. I worked on the file for a bit and the customer sent me the remaining PDFs, loaded with photographs. This time it was not as smooth, I added 6 files at once (then tried them separately) and although it did convert them to translatable formats and copied the files to target languages, couple of them had errors. This is what I read in Task Results window (messages):
Name: Analyze files+pre-translate files:
Status: Failed. Error: XML Document contains error 1517114, 69.
The other pdf file error message reads: XML Document contains error 1, 435
Also in the Task Results window (Reports) are the following descriptions:
Analyze files report: "Statistics showing the expected leverage from applying the translation memories"
Pre-translate files report: "Results of applying translation memories to the files"

My question: Can I do sth about this? Will it in the end convert the translations correctly anyway? Thanks in advance for your help.

[Edited at 2010-02-02 19:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch Task errors 1517114, 69 and 1, 435

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search