Missing translation units in TM
Thread poster: Trung Le

Trung Le  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:07
Member (2009)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Feb 2, 2010

I'm working with Trados Studio 2009 and my completed project has 715 translation units. However, the TM for it has only 645 translation units. Where are the rest? I've tried:

Populating the TM
Updating main TM
Updating project TM

None of that works. So my exported TM has a bunch of missing translation units. What can I do? Thank you.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:07
Member
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are there any exact matches? Feb 2, 2010

If there are, the duplicates don't appear in the TM, so you can easily end up with 645 TUs instead of 715.

Attila


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Trung Le  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:07
Member (2009)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, no duplicates Feb 2, 2010

The missing translation units are not duplicates. It is incomplete and unreliable.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:07
English
A quick test Feb 2, 2010

Hi,

It is hard to comment on this without seeing your files, but perhaps you could try this. Create a new Project using the source document of the one you have translated and apply the Project TM you have against it. If there are TU's missing from the TM then the translation will be incomplete.

I would be happy to take a look at this for you if it is. You can mail the files to me at pfilkin@sdl.com

Regards

Paul
SDL Support


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Trung Le  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:07
Member (2009)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did that also Feb 2, 2010

I forgot to mention, but I did do that also and the automatic translation is indeed incomplete.

I don't know if this matters or not but originally the file was translated by someone else and was saved in .ttx format. I used that file to populate my TM and edited the file. But in the end, some translation units were missing. At first I thought it was because they were the ones I never edited but that's not the case. Whether edited or not, they were missing. Thank you for your effort in helping. If there is anything else I can provide I would but I can't sent the file because of confidentiality. Thx.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing translation units in TM

Advanced search







WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search