Studio 2009: CTRL+Enter > "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Thread poster: Witold Chocholski

Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:54
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 3, 2010

Hello!

The software: Trados Studio 2009 SP 1

The file: xml

The problem: Impossible to confirm the translation, because this appears: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ("odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu")

Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Best regards
Witold

Direct link Reply with quote

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Restart Studio Feb 3, 2010

I have seen this happening if Studio is running out of resources. If I close Studio and start it again, the problem disappears.

Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restart doesn't help Feb 3, 2010

I've tried that first thing, but it doesn't help at all.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
dotnet & Java Feb 3, 2010

Long time ago I was getting this kind of error in Trados and only reinstalling the .NET and Java helped

Worth trying, maybe...

Antonin

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 09:54
English to French
+ ...
Same message in several situations Feb 3, 2010

I think this question has been asked on this forum in the past.

I got the same message once when I forgot to open the Term bases. Look if your Term bases are open.

I think it can also appear in other situations. If nothing else works, make sure your Translation Memory is updated with your work, and recharge your original document into your project, under a new name (first in your Source language, then "click" Prepare, it will appear in the Target language). Most of the segments you have translated will be translated automatically at the "Prepare" stage, and you won't have to type it all again.

Good luck

Jean-Pierre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: CTRL+Enter > "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search