Already translated document. TM dumb....Doesn't search.
Thread poster: Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Local time: 01:37
Spanish to French
+ ...
Feb 4, 2010

I 'm enjoying Studio SP1 since many months but today it's a bad day.

I have translated word documents (14) and now the client wants uncleaned ttx documents. It's ok. I know how to proceed and it works always... Today not....

It has read 2 documents from the 14 and the other, it's impossible to manage that the TM find the segments... It does'nt search. No match and so on...

Please it's very URGENT. Has anyone a solution? I have tried all... project.... only document... All an other time from beginning. Impossible.

Many thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are the segments really in *that* TM? Feb 4, 2010

Open the TM, and search in it -- do you really find those sentences in it?

One possibility is that the previously translated documents were fed into a project TM. You need to finalize the project to add those segments to the main TM. See more details in Henry Zhang's post.

Attila

Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent link.... Feb 5, 2010

Many thanks Attila for your quick answer. The link was really the right one... I have learned a lot! Only one thing: I have looked overall for the Project Memory. I don't find it....in spite of the very detailed explanation of Zvyrtec. Do you know about? Or should I ask on the Henry Zwang's link?

Have a nice week-end

Anne

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Location of project TM Feb 5, 2010

Hi again, Anne,

To find the project TM, click on Projects in the left hand bar, select the project, and in the "Project details" window at the bottom read the Location path. Inside the folder, you will find a subfolder called Tm, and inside that another one; its name corresponds to the language code of the target language (en-US, for example). This is the default location of the project TM.

Alternatively, you can just right click on the project in th eproject list (top window), and then click on "Mark as Complete". The project is completed then, and all segments are sent to the main TM (not project TM).

Kind regards,
Attila

Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Feb 7, 2010

It did'nt work with the project in course but yes with an other new one, so that it's ok.

Many thanks for your attention... Now I have an other question in a new link....

Kind regards

Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Already translated document. TM dumb....Doesn't search.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search