Trados 2009 error: "Target text coul not be saved. Missing bookmark end tag with name: _Toc2734379"
Thread poster: Elodie Bonnafous

Elodie Bonnafous  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:00
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Feb 4, 2010

Hello,

my translation is complete but when I try to save it into Word, I have following failure message : "Target text coul not be saved. Missing bookmark end tag with name: _Toc2734379. Writing to word document not possible."

Does anyone know how to suppress this failure save the text to word?

Thanks a lot in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-04 17:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Silvia Mira
Local time: 23:00
French to Portuguese
+ ...
trados error Feb 4, 2010

if my guess is correct, you probably have some tag in the original document that has not been correctly entered in the target text. check you translation for some internet link or internal link or some other tag (like current date and time for example) and enter it to the target document using Ctrl+comma.
hope this helps

[Edited at 2010-02-04 17:31 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use f8 to verify your text Feb 5, 2010

in the error message list look for deleted tags and insert them correctly.
This is not a Trados errror, but unfortunately your own, as you simply deleted a bookmark tag.

Ronald van der Linden
Mexico
Local time: 17:00
Dutch to English
+ ...
first check original file Feb 9, 2010

First check orginal file, not translated, whether you can save it as a tageditor bilingual file, ttx without any errors and secondly, whether from tageditor you can save it as a "target" without any problems.

If that does not give you any problems, then yes, you did delete a tag. And with the verification tools, already mentioned you can find the error or by searching for the particular tagnumber in the tags with CTRL+F (click: search tag content).

However, if in the original file you encounter problems, then you need to fix the original file, Word, Excel, depending on the problem you have. There are many reasons why a tag-error like yours comes up. A flawed original document or the incapacity of Trados of importing the file properly due to certain small things as "breaks".

I know this is a link to tageditor 7, but it still has good tips for 2007 and 2009.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/41217-tag_editor_7_error_while_writing_breaks-.html

Best,
Ronald

Zvyrtec
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
F8, Ctrl + F... and then what? Mar 15, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

in the error message list look for deleted tags and insert them correctly.
This is not a Trados errror, but unfortunately your own, as you simply deleted a bookmark tag.

I have the same problem as indicated in the thread subject.
I can verify the text and see all error messages (asterisk). However WHERE can I find EXACTLY which segment is affected? The message list does not specify the segment number in T2009, I also do not know how to search for the indicated missing tag (no such option under 'Search').

Detailed instructions will be greatly appreciated.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Double-click Mar 15, 2010

Double-click the respective error message to jump to the affected segment.

María Marta Semberoiz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
I can't find affected segment to correct Oct 26, 2010

I have the same problem, and I can't even find which segment is affected. When I double-click the error message, it doesn't take me to any segment. The message reads: "There is no particular location in the document associated with this message". I don't see any tag missing in target document, I don't even see any bookmark (I don't even know what I am looking for), and I can't clean the document that I have just finished translating and that I have to hand in a couple of hours. Any suggestion, please?

[Editado a las 2010-10-26 03:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 error: "Target text coul not be saved. Missing bookmark end tag with name: _Toc2734379"

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search