Studio 2009 crashes when saving target as TRADOStags document.
Thread poster: Lee Hassig

Lee Hassig  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:05
German to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2010

I was sent some .ttx files to translate. Did so in Studio 2009, thereby creating .sdlxliff files. The client cannot read such files. But when I try to save the files as .ttx documents, Studio 2009 seems to create the new file name in the correct directory, then invariably crashes before actually saving the .sdlxliff file in the .ttx format. This also happens if I attempt to save the sources as a .ttx file.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Lee Hassig

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:05
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I also had this problem before Feb 6, 2010

My solution is saving the target file and exporting the TM to tmx format, and my client accepted both two files.

[Edited at 2010-02-06 13:23 GMT]

Lee Hassig  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:05
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the quick response. Feb 6, 2010

Henry,

Thanks for the hint. However, at the moment 2009 crashes with every attempt to save the target, either as a .ttx file or as an. inx (InDesign) file, which is the original format of the source.

The "Save As" function allows only the .sdlxliff format. In other words, this approach only lets you change the file's name, not its format.

Or do you mean to send along the .sdlxliff files together with the .tmx (translation memory?) files.

I'm not sure that will work in this case, because the client seems to be using an older version of Trados, which is apparently not forward-compatible.

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 06:05
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Older versions support .tmx Feb 6, 2010

At least my Trados 7 supports this TM exchange format, so it might be worth a shot. Ask your client if he/she can use this format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 crashes when saving target as TRADOStags document.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search