Studio 2009 crashes when saving target as TRADOStags document.
Thread poster: Lee Hassig
Lee Hassig
Lee Hassig  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:24
German to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2010

I was sent some .ttx files to translate. Did so in Studio 2009, thereby creating .sdlxliff files. The client cannot read such files. But when I try to save the files as .ttx documents, Studio 2009 seems to create the new file name in the correct directory, then invariably crashes before actually saving the .sdlxliff file in the .ttx format. This also happens if I attempt to save the sources as a .ttx file.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Lee Hassig

Henry Zhang
Henry Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:24
English to Chinese
+ ...
I also had this problem before Feb 6, 2010

My solution is saving the target file and exporting the TM to tmx format, and my client accepted both two files.

[Edited at 2010-02-06 13:23 GMT]

Lee Hassig
Lee Hassig  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:24
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the quick response. Feb 6, 2010

Henry,

Thanks for the hint. However, at the moment 2009 crashes with every attempt to save the target, either as a .ttx file or as an. inx (InDesign) file, which is the original format of the source.

The "Save As" function allows only the .sdlxliff format. In other words, this approach only lets you change the file's name, not its format.

Or do you mean to send along the .sdlxliff files together with the .tmx (translation memory?) files.

I'm no
... See more
Henry,

Thanks for the hint. However, at the moment 2009 crashes with every attempt to save the target, either as a .ttx file or as an. inx (InDesign) file, which is the original format of the source.

The "Save As" function allows only the .sdlxliff format. In other words, this approach only lets you change the file's name, not its format.

Or do you mean to send along the .sdlxliff files together with the .tmx (translation memory?) files.

I'm not sure that will work in this case, because the client seems to be using an older version of Trados, which is apparently not forward-compatible.
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 21:24
English to Danish
Older versions support .tmx Feb 6, 2010

At least my Trados 7 supports this TM exchange format, so it might be worth a shot. Ask your client if he/she can use this format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 crashes when saving target as TRADOStags document.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »