Thread poster: GermanTransl

GermanTransl
United States
Local time: 19:50
English to German
+ ...
Feb 9, 2010

Hello,

I am about to purchase SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance and have been offered the plus version for 20 $ more. Since I am new to this software, I would be interested in learning what my fellow translators have found useful.
I might be buying a new computer this year, so how easy is it to transfer a license?

I appreciate your input!

Best, Katharina

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:50
English to Czech
+ ...
Normal vs. Plus Feb 9, 2010

Hi Katharina,
the "Plus" version includes the AutoSuggest generator, that will allow you to create your own AutoSuggest dictionaries from your TMs. The "Non-Plus" version only allows you to use AS dictionaries generated for you by somebody else.
I personally think that Plus is definitely worth the money. However, remember that you can only generate AS dictionaries from TMs with at least 25,000 translation units.
Also, the "Plus" version includes two licenses you can activate on two machines at the same time (e.g. on your desktop and laptop computer).

As regards transferring the license, it can't be easier. You can install Studio on as many machines as you want. If you need to move the license from one machine to another, connect to the Internet, return your license from the current machine and use the same activation code on the other to activate the product.

I hope this helps.

GermanTransl
United States
Local time: 19:50
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plus - does not include Creator Feb 9, 2010

Stanislaw,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I looked at the offer again and it says that you should buy SDL Trados Studio 2009 Plus if you want to activate it on two computers. Not more than that.
Then, there is a separate add-on offer for SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on (Activation Code) for an additional 125 $. If I understand you correctly, then you are saying that this usually included in the Plus version?

Best,

Katharina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What version - normal or plus?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search