Workbench automatic cleaning up
Thread poster: Matej OGRIZEK

Matej OGRIZEK
Local time: 18:58
Slovenian to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Hello,

does anyone know why I cannot see bilingual Word file when translating with Trados WB? This happened for the first time - a source segment is opened correctly, and I enter the translation into the target 'box'. However, when I select 'Set/Close Next Open/Get', both segments close, and only the target text remains in the document (with no tags, {}, etc.). Is this some setting I accidentally activated, or a bigger problem?

Thanks for your answers.

Matej

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Hidden text Feb 10, 2010

You can do a forums search with 'hidden text', you will find numerous threads on this topic.

Tools > Options  > View > Formatting Marks > tick the 'Hidden text' box.

Matej OGRIZEK
Slovenian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 10, 2010

It worked.

I am sorry for not finding the answer on the forum, however I did not know that my problem was 'hidden text', so I searched in the direction of 'automated clean-up', since I figured this was happening and there was no helpful topics in that area.

Thank you very much!

Matej

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench automatic cleaning up

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search