Workbench automatic cleaning up
Thread poster: Matej OGRIZEK

Matej OGRIZEK
Local time: 06:18
Slovenian to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Hello,

does anyone know why I cannot see bilingual Word file when translating with Trados WB? This happened for the first time - a source segment is opened correctly, and I enter the translation into the target 'box'. However, when I select 'Set/Close Next Open/Get', both segments close, and only the target text remains in the document (with no tags, {}, etc.). Is this some setting I accidentally activated, or a bigger problem?

Thanks for your answers.

Matej

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Hidden text Feb 10, 2010

You can do a forums search with 'hidden text', you will find numerous threads on this topic.

Tools > Options  > View > Formatting Marks > tick the 'Hidden text' box.

Matej OGRIZEK
Slovenian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 10, 2010

It worked.

I am sorry for not finding the answer on the forum, however I did not know that my problem was 'hidden text', so I searched in the direction of 'automated clean-up', since I figured this was happening and there was no helpful topics in that area.

Thank you very much!

Matej

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench automatic cleaning up

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search