Trados error message (50005) that is not related to my situation and prevents me from working
Thread poster: oulala
oulala
Local time: 06:06
Feb 10, 2010

For a few days, following error message has prevented me from using my different memories:

"(50005) This tranlation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date. Please..."

- I have checked this expiry date according to SDL "Knowledge database" : there is none anyway, the field is empty
- my license (SDL Trados 2007 - Freelance, version 8.0) is valid.
- I have not changed anything to Trados or SDL recently.
The SDL website does not provide further information, as far as I could see.
Has any of you encountered this situation and how have you dealt with it?
Thank you in advance for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 06:06
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Try this Feb 10, 2010

'50005 This translation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date.

Cause
The translation memory you want to open has passed its Usable Until date.

Resolution
Open the translation memory in exclusive mode, and change the Usable Until date in the General tab
of the Setup dialog box (File menu)'

The above was picked up here: http://fr46.uni-saarland.de/download/sdv/malaga2007/articles/TRADOS/TranslatorsWorkbench_en.pdf

It's a guide for Trados 2006, which is not that far from 2007, so perhaps this would word for you too.

Good luck.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error message (50005) that is not related to my situation and prevents me from working

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search