Trados error message (50005) that is not related to my situation and prevents me from working
Thread poster: oulala
oulala
oulala
Local time: 04:31
Feb 10, 2010

For a few days, following error message has prevented me from using my different memories:

"(50005) This tranlation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date. Please..."

- I have checked this expiry date according to SDL "Knowledge database" : there is none anyway, the field is empty
- my license (SDL Trados 2007 - Freelance, version 8.0) is valid.
- I have not changed anything to Trados or SDL recently.
The SDL website does not provide further
... See more
For a few days, following error message has prevented me from using my different memories:

"(50005) This tranlation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date. Please..."

- I have checked this expiry date according to SDL "Knowledge database" : there is none anyway, the field is empty
- my license (SDL Trados 2007 - Freelance, version 8.0) is valid.
- I have not changed anything to Trados or SDL recently.
The SDL website does not provide further information, as far as I could see.
Has any of you encountered this situation and how have you dealt with it?
Thank you in advance for your help
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 04:31
English to Danish
Try this Feb 10, 2010

'50005 This translation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date.

Cause
The translation memory you want to open has passed its Usable Until date.

Resolution
Open the translation memory in exclusive mode, and change the Usable Until date in the General tab
of the Setup dialog box (File menu)'

The above was picked up here:
... See more
'50005 This translation memory has passed its "Usable Until" expiry date.

Cause
The translation memory you want to open has passed its Usable Until date.

Resolution
Open the translation memory in exclusive mode, and change the Usable Until date in the General tab
of the Setup dialog box (File menu)'

The above was picked up here: http://fr46.uni-saarland.de/download/sdv/malaga2007/articles/TRADOS/TranslatorsWorkbench_en.pdf

It's a guide for Trados 2006, which is not that far from 2007, so perhaps this would word for you too.

Good luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error message (50005) that is not related to my situation and prevents me from working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »