Perfect match, fuzzies and word count analysis statistics in TRADOS 2009
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy

Cristina Godoy
Local time: 06:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Hi all,

Could you help me interpret the analysis statistics tab that displays at the bottom in Trados 2009?
What I don't understand is: if you have a 100% result, another display of results for the range of 100-50% and the set total number of words, what do the rest of the fields stand for? (that is, the Repetitions, context match and no match fields). How should I consider these 3 as to adding them to the 100% / fuzzies / new words count?

What I don't understand either is, if you have 0 in Perfect match, why do you have a non-0 result in 100%?

Thanks for your help.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The"Help" is a good place to look for this information Feb 11, 2010

Hi Cristina,

There is a lot of information in the help on this, but in summary this is what the different bands are (taken from the help).

These are translation match type categories:

• PerfectMatch - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a PerfectMatch was found.
  • Repetitions - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments that are repetitions of previously counted words.
  • Context Match - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a context match was found in the translation memory.
  • 100% - The number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a 100% translation memory match was found.
  • Fuzzy Match (95% - 99%), (85% - 94%), (75% - 84%), (50% - 74%) - These rows display the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments that were translated with a less than perfect (100%) translation memory match. The degree of match is indicated by the percentage figure.
  • New - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which no match was found in the translation memory/memories.

You can change the bands used for the Fuzzy Matches to suit what you need in Tools - Options - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Fuzzy Bands. This option can also be Project Specific so you could have different bands for different customers saved as a template for example.

If you type Analyze Files Report into the Index or the Search for the Help in Studio then you will find much more, including explanations on what a Context Match etc is.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
SDL Support

Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word count statistics Feb 14, 2010

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Perfect match, fuzzies and word count analysis statistics in TRADOS 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search