Perfect match, fuzzies and word count analysis statistics in TRADOS 2009
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy
Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

Hi all,

Could you help me interpret the analysis statistics tab that displays at the bottom in Trados 2009?
What I don't understand is: if you have a 100% result, another display of results for the range of 100-50% and the set total number of words, what do the rest of the fields stand for? (that is, the Repetitions, context match and no match fields). How should I consider these 3 as to adding them to the 100% / fuzzies / new words count?

What I don't understand either is, if you have 0 in Perfect match, why do you have a non-0 result in 100%?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:03
English
The"Help" is a good place to look for this information Feb 11, 2010

Hi Cristina,

There is a lot of information in the help on this, but in summary this is what the different bands are (taken from the help).

These are translation match type categories:

• PerfectMatch - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a PerfectMatch was found.
  • Repetitions - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments that are repetitions of previously counted words.
  • Context Match - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a context match was found in the translation memory.
  • 100% - The number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which a 100% translation memory match was found.
  • Fuzzy Match (95% - 99%), (85% - 94%), (75% - 84%), (50% - 74%) - These rows display the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments that were translated with a less than perfect (100%) translation memory match. The degree of match is indicated by the percentage figure.
  • New - This row displays the number and/or percentage of words, characters or segments for which no match was found in the translation memory/memories.

You can change the bands used for the Fuzzy Matches to suit what you need in Tools - Options - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Fuzzy Bands. This option can also be Project Specific so you could have different bands for different customers saved as a template for example.

If you type Analyze Files Report into the Index or the Search for the Help in Studio then you will find much more, including explanations on what a Context Match etc is.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
SDL Support

Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word count statistics Feb 14, 2010

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Perfect match, fuzzies and word count analysis statistics in TRADOS 2009

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search