Unclosed segment
Thread poster: David Turnbull
David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
Russian to English
Feb 11, 2010

I was working in Word/ Trados 2007 Workbench and the Microsoft updater rebooted my computer to instal updates. Unfortunately there was an unclosed segment. Now the program does not respond to any command. I've even tried removing the Word file with the open segment from my computer and starting with a new Word file but when I try to open a translation segment it just "pings"

Direct link Reply with quote

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 21:59
English to Arabic
+ ...
Fix document Feb 11, 2010

Open your document and press Ctrl+Alt+U (fix document).

HTH

Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately, there's still a problem Feb 11, 2010

Thanks a lot, Ahmad. It worked like magic! The segment colours disappeared and it looked as though the document was repaired.

The only thing is that Trados Workbench still pings at me and won't open a segment.

Regards,
David

Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
Is the problem related to this file only? Feb 11, 2010

You are welcome uei.

Does Workbench behave the same with other files or only with this file?

Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
all files Feb 11, 2010

It applies to all files.

Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
Reorganise Workbench Feb 11, 2010

Reorganise Workbench and lets see.

Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
reorganize Workbench Feb 11, 2010

I don't quite understand.

Do you mean uninstall and re-install Workbench?

Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
Reorganise Feb 11, 2010

No, I do not mean that.

From Workbench menu select File>>Reorganise

[Edited at 2010-02-11 12:09 GMT]

Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
reorganize Workbench Feb 11, 2010

In trying to reorganize I found the command greyed-out. Then I realised that opening the TM from Synergy had not worked. When I opened it directly from Workbench everything works.

So thank you very much for your help. It's a great relief to be able to get on with my translation, and I will be sure to need the ctrl+alt+u again!!!

As a matter of interest, what does the reorganize command do?

Kuwait
English to Arabic
+ ...
The Reorganise command (File menu) Feb 11, 2010

Use this command to tidy up the translation memory and its associated neural network files.

Note: The reorganisation of translation memory data applies only to file-based translation memories. Server-based translation memories are dynamically reorganised without any user input.

Translation memories should be reorganised on a regular basis to keep Translator's Workbench running as efficiently as possible. It is recommended that you reorganise every time the translation memory grows by 500 translation units. To find out how many translation units have been added since the last reorganisation, use the Properties command from the File menu.

The Reorganise command is only available when you open the translation memory in exclusive access mode. By default, the Freelance version of Translator's Workbench opens each translation memory in exclusive access mode.

The process of reorganisation involves:

Analysis of the existing translation units and their fuzzy images in the neural network files.

Re-loading this data into the neural network database files.

During reorganisation, Translator's Workbench displays progress information on the status bar.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclosed segment

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search