Thread poster: Luca Ruella

Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 11, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I have recently experienced an issue with interchanging files between SDLX 2007 and Tageditor.

My client asked me to deliver clean and unclean files.

Since I hate working in Tageditor, I did all the project in SDLX, exported the translated file and then saved the SDLX file in TTX format and delivered the whole thing.

Problem is that the proofreader inserted some corrections in my TTX files and the client wanted me to export and redeliver the proofread files. When I tried to do the export directly from the corrected TTX, I only got an unusable file which, if opened in Word, looked a bit as SDLX and, if opened with SDLX, resulted in an "unexpected file" error message.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

The only thing I could do was create a new TM from these files and reapply it to the source files, and then export as normal, but this is a bit time-consuming.

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2010-02-11 10:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-02-11 10:16 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting SDLX and TTX back and forth

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search