Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Luca Ruella United States Member (2005) English to Italian + ...
Feb 11, 2010
I have recently experienced an issue with interchanging files between SDLX 2007 and Tageditor.
My client asked me to deliver clean and unclean files.
Since I hate working in Tageditor, I did all the project in SDLX, exported the translated file and then saved the SDLX file in TTX format and delivered the whole thing.
Problem is that the proofreader inserted some corrections in my TTX files and the client wanted me to export and redeliver the proofread files. When I tried to do the export directly from the corrected TTX, I only got an unusable file which, if opened in Word, looked a bit as SDLX and, if opened with SDLX, resulted in an "unexpected file" error message.
Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?
The only thing I could do was create a new TM from these files and reapply it to the source files, and then export as normal, but this is a bit time-consuming.
Thanks in advance
[Edited at 2010-02-11 10:15 GMT]
[Edited at 2010-02-11 10:16 GMT]
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.